• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CreatureEvent [TFS 1.3 / 1.4] Upgrade System

oof.
Our armor/weapon systems are eerily congruent with this release.

Good job nonetheless!
It's great to see this community still growing and contributing.

Not many people are using TFS 1.3, not to mention revscripts. It's too fresh.
If people are using 1.3 but not updating a development version of a server engine they shouldn't bother using it.
The new scripts system will be in the release so it'll be better to use it in the long run when people actually start using the 1.3 release.
Whatever though, just thinking about ease of access/installation for user (not to mention for yourself as well, when developing large systems like this)

If people are using 1.3 but not updating a development version of a server engine they shouldn't bother using it.
The new scripts system will be in the release so it'll be better to use it in the long run when people actually start using the 1.3 release.
Whatever though, just thinking about ease of access/installation for user (not to mention for yourself as well, when developing large systems like this)
🤔
I'll make next feature using revscripts then, will see. I'm creating features for TFS 1.3 only and hope that there are people updating their servers because of that. Using revscripts can be even better that way... Sure.

mind if I package it up for revscriptsys? so you can include it here aswell then :D

Nice. I was working on the same system, but yours is much more elaborate xD

great contribution.

PD: Devil has good systems.

Im implementing this on TFS 1.2 instead of 3. I get and error, not finding getCustomAttribute function is non-existent. Is something that its from tfs 1.3 or its just missing from the system?

Im implementing this on TFS 1.2 instead of 3. I get and error, not finding getCustomAttribute function is non-existent. Is something that its from tfs 1.3 or its just missing from the system?
Added in 1.3.

Had to rewrite attributes refreshing...

[1.1.2] - 2019-05-26
  • Rewritten attributes refreshing when removing items
  • Removed onMoveItem event usage
Can't update first post anymore, so before mods do that, here is new version.
Inside data/events/scripts/player.lua, find Player:onMoveItem and remove
Lua:
onUpgradeMove(self, item, count, fromPosition, toPosition, fromCylinder, toCylinder)
It's not needed anymore. Only upgrade_system_core.lua file needs to be replaced.

Attachments

• upgrade_system-1_1_2.rar
    8.6 KB · Views: 44 · VirusTotal
there's a small bug on your system. If you have summons, and a summon kills the monster, lasthitkiller will give you problems.

there's a small bug on your system. If you have summons, and a summon kills the monster, lasthitkiller will give you problems.
Lua:
if not lasthitkiller:isPlayer() or not creature:isMonster() or not corpse or not corpse:isContainer() then
    return true
  end
I'm checking if it's a player.

Lua:
Lua Script Error: [CreatureScript Interface]
data/creaturescripts/scripts/upgrade_system_cs.lua:onDeath
data/upgrade_system_core.lua:366: attempt to index local 'lasthitkiller' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '__index'
        data/upgrade_system_core.lua:366: in function <data/upgrade_system_core.lua:365>
That happens when my summon kills the monster.

Also, a function to add specific attributes would be great, since all being left to rng can sometimes be wrong.

Also, a function to add specific attributes would be great
That's why I made Unique items where you can predefine which attributes will be rolled every time. Very known in RPG games like Diablo and PoE.
Thank you for noticing this error, fixed.

[1.1.3] - 2019-05-26
  • Fixed error when Summon kills a creature
  • Added Summons support
If you are updating, replace core script only.

Attachments

• upgrade_system-1_1_3.rar
    8.6 KB · Views: 14 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Yeah i understand the unique items part, what i mean, is a way to add with another gem an attribute of you choosing.
a function like
Function item.addSpecialAttribute(attribute, value)
Which will let you create as many and different gems as you want with the different attributes and values of your liking.
Its just additional features and customization.

Yeah i understand the unique items part, what i mean, is a way to add with another gem an attribute of you choosing.
a function like
Function item.addSpecialAttribute(attribute, value)
Which will let you create as many and different gems as you want with the different attributes and values of your liking.
44 new gems, yeah, sure :D
I think that amount of RNG is not too big but actually nice. No need to make everything so easy. I'm not going to implement that, I don't see the need, sorry.
Let them have fun trying to get that perfect attributes, they would get way more joy out of it.

Back