• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.3 Windows Server 2019

undead mage

Solutions
Reaction score
So I've tried to start my server on a windows vps but the console closes straight away without loading anything. I have opened it aswell in cmd to see if it's just really fast but there to it doesn't show any errors and just jumps to the next line and let's you write a new command. I have already tried installing VC_redist_64 but this doesn't have seemed to solve the problem.

Did you install/create your database and wrote the right mysql info in your config.lua?
Also if your Windows VPS has old processor you might have to do like explained here.

Last edited:
Did you install/create your database and wrote the right mysql info in your config.lua?
Yea 100% sure I did that right. The website connects as it should and the server config has been configured as it should to.

Try opening the server in Powershell. You should be able to see exactly where the server stopped booting up.
I've tried that but the same happens to Powershellpowershell.png

Yea 100% sure I did that right. The website connects as it should and the server config has been configured as it should to.

I've tried that but the same happens to PowershellView attachment 47283
Did you "open with" powershell? You should open a shell in that folder and run it with ./ServerName.exe

Powershell shouldn't close when an app like that fails to run.

Well Powershell doesn't close but beneath I opened the exe with ./theforgottenserver.exe and it just jumps to the next line like cmd and let's you write a new line without any errors.

Did you compile this yourself?

Have you tried recreating the problem on a stock server from the current TFS build + a stock data folder?

Also, do you have a key.pem file within your main TFS folder?

1. No I did not.

2. Will try it in a moment.

3. Yes I do.
i had the same issue when i changed from tfs 1.2 to 1.3, the issue couldn't be solved even after changing the os copy many times so the solution i decided to go with is to change to linux, i knew nothing about it it took me 1 day to run my server by reading tutorials and solving any issue stops me so i think its time for you to go ahead too, i don't think this issue can be solved

i had the same issue when i changed from tfs 1.2 to 1.3, the issue couldn't be solved even after changing the os copy many times so the solution i decided to go with is to change to linux, i knew nothing about it it took me 1 day to run my server by reading tutorials and solving any issue stops me so i think its time for you to go ahead too, i don't think this issue can be solved
I switched from 1.2 to 1.3 with no problems at all besides a few lib errors that were solved by switching out the lib / events folders.

If you'd like, pm me. I'll see if it's still causing an issue when running on my machine? It might be something on your computer that'd be causing it to crash.

I switched from 1.2 to 1.3 with no problems at all besides a few lib errors that were solved by switching out the lib / events folders.

If you'd like, pm me. I'll see if it's still causing an issue when running on my machine? It might be something on your computer that'd be causing it to crash.
nvm about me, iam using linux easily now and my pc is windows 10 so all good, it was just advice cause you will switch to linux anyway one day, faster more secure and better

nvm about me, iam using linux easily now and my pc is windows 10 so all good, it was just advice cause you will switch to linux anyway one day, faster more secure and better
Absolutely. It's much easier to manage the server from a Linux machine. I don't see the problem in building it out on Windows, however. I would think that running on Windows and Linux with the same build would be much the same.

As for any project, it's better to use what you're comfortable using. Unless you're running a huge server with thousands of connections on a daily basis, I don't see the issue with using Windows.

Did you compile this yourself?

Have you tried recreating the problem on a stock server from the current TFS build + a stock data folder?

Also, do you have a key.pem file within your main TFS folder?
2. I've used the already build exe from appveynor and the same thing happens like that last screenshot I've sent.

Yea I eventually will change to linux but not yet :p

Try this one, I just compiled/tested on my PC and it worked without any issues.
Latest forgotten server compiled for Windows 64-bit, I only switched Enhanced Instruction Set to SSE2 so it can run on old processor (might be your issue).

Attachments

Back