• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS 1.4] Global Monster Limit

This punishes players who want to play for extended periods of time and forces them to play a certain way.
I don't find this to be a punishment, especially not for players who are playing. You have to remember, the average botter doesn't write scripts, they download them off a forum or buy them. So for person making scripts, its most profitable to make things people want the most.

I believe the average botter will have their goto scripts, and probably don't take the time to learn about the server they are playing before trying their scripts.

Either way, I'm changing the mechanics, which makes it something new, ergo nothing is written for it at this moment.
Hunting for rare items and loot in general would be made much harder
Easily fixable, can easily alter rate of loot.
Bots can detect kills and switch
bots would have to know what the kill limit for each monster is
Bots can detect skull (if not kills) then switch
again, this requires someone taking the time to make a script specifically to combat this system. Its not supposed to be bot proof, its actually made to do the opposite of what you say it does, and that is to give the edge back to the players. Since most people who come thru and run into this on a server are going to be the average botter, or just in general someone who isn't going to care about investing money or time into combating this system after their first night of going to bed and dieing from redskull. Soon as they run into this issue, its going to be ten times more easy and tempting for them to just do what they were doing when they found your ot, and that is look for another one.

if someone wants to gfb tombs he then can't go and hunt demon skeletons or ghouls for example, despite it being a different spawn.
This is a valid concern, but is again, easily mitigatable. You set the rates for groups of common monsters on your server accordingly. Including whiteskull, and redskull, just make it more customized, the more customized you make it, the harder it will be for botters, and better for players playing your server. I myself, will probably incorporate this into a mob spawning system I have, and alter it further. This isn't in development. I made a small simple system to serve as an idea, and inspiration as well as working proof of concept, and even added in the things people suggested that made sense, but I'm not going to keep expanding on this anymore, because like I said, the more customized it is, the more effective it will be against the botters.

Anyone using this, is urged to change it, alter it, make custom limits, times, maybe even change it from skull as the punishment, make it give rule violation or notation or something else instead, make an npc that is summoned and kills the botter after a couple warning messages, w/e you want, but this is an easy proof of concept on something that fundamentally changes the way the game is played, which is the point.

Make it so it ignores the system if youre in a party and sharing exp. I doubt botters will party up and theres no real good way for them to sync up. Eventually they will desync and be too far apart or different floors, and the system will be applied again.

This will also promote team hunting.

Back