• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.x Ingame Account Manager [Searching Testers] UPDATED

I'm completly finished with everything which was on my todo list, I'm just working on code optimization atm.
If there is something I'm missing and you guys want, feel free to tell me :)

Idk if this is in there or not (posting from my phone), but to make it more useful to those who don't know much about scripting, maybe add in configuration for first items, or templates for vocations first items, although now that I'm typing this out it would seem that it would be best to handle that part on first login...

Make the recovery optional.
Much easier to handle account recovers on website.

Make the recovery optional.
Much easier to handle account recovers on website.
and so is creating account/characters xD

Both Wrong. Oh so very wrong.
Ever download a game, then it requires you to log-in, but you don't have an account, so you click "Create Account" and it opens their website?
Then you have to create an account and everything on the website, sometimes even verify your damn e-mail then you start up the game again, and your back to the same log-in screen you were at 5 minutes ago.

Then you download a 2nd game, and you click "Create Account" and it says "Enter username, password, and e-mail" and then you hit "accept" and start playing the game.

So which is easier? I would say the answer is clear.

Both Wrong. Oh so very wrong.
Ever download a game, then it requires you to log-in, but you don't have an account, so you click "Create Account" and it opens their website?
Then you have to create an account and everything on the website, sometimes even verify your damn e-mail then you start up the game again, and your back to the same log-in screen you were at 5 minutes ago.

Then you download a 2nd game, and you click "Create Account" and it says "Enter username, password, and e-mail" and then you hit "accept" and start playing the game.

So which is easier? I would say the answer is clear.
umm id still recover my accounts on website..
but i didn't say anything about making char in website is easier, because I also think its easier to make that inside the client.

It just i feel more secure to recover it on website if ever would that time come. Therefor the suggestion to make recovery optional.

Here's an update with all the code needed for the account manager
due to the fact that this entire thing is to big for otland I'll post it on pastebin and link to it.

accmanager.lua (in lib folder)
http://pastebin.com/GEe2Ahhg

accmanager.lua (in chatchannels\scripts\)
http://pastebin.com/xXuePfm4

player.lua (in events)
Code:
function Player:onMoveCreature(creature, fromPosition, toPosition)
   if not handleAccountManagerMove(self, creature) then
     return false
   end
   return true
end

function Player:onTradeRequest(target, item)
   if not handleAccountManagerTradeRequest(self, target) then
     return false
   end
   return true
end

function Player:onParsePacket(packet)
   if not handleAccountManagerParsePacket(self, packet) then
     return false
   end
   return true
end

login.lua (creaturescripts)
straight at top
Code:
if not handleAccountManagerLogin(player) then
     return true
end

startup.lua (globalevents)
right at bottom
Code:
handleAccountManagerStartup()

Core changes can be found here:
https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-x-...ng-testers-updated.230337/page-2#post-2222234

This is still alpha, so if you encounter bugs then feel free to report them here.

Some suggestions:

1. An option for the password to be generated for the player.

Now, I understand people like to pick their own passwords, but there is a problem with people using the same password for EVERY game/website they use.

This leads to many players having vulnerable accounts, and can cause a headache for the gamemaster when a player gets their account ''hacked''.

If the game itself gives the player a password, this at least gives the chance that the player might think twice of using the same password.

(On a personal note, I still used the password for my real Tibia account that was generated by CipSoft, and just have it saved in a notepad, so I know this feature actually works in practice)

2. Name generator.

Sometimes when a person goes to play a game, one of the biggest roadblocks to starting the game is thinking up a name.

This roadblock is increased exponentially when the players ''normal'' name is taken.

With a name generator, it allows the option for the player to roll names till they see something they like, or helps them think up different names by using the generated ones as inspiration.

3. A choice in the config to allow names with numbers.

Many players like to have numbers in their names on online games, and if you just made it a choice in the config to allow numbers or not in names, the script would be more versatile.

4. A choice in the config to allow names with symbols.

Same as above.

5. A choice in the config to set how many words a player can have in their name.

It's just something I have done from my own experiences, but I often make my characters silly names like Giant Radioactive Panda when Sportacus is taken, but I could see how someone wanting to host a server might want to limit the amount of words, so just adding in a choice creates flexibility in the script.

Some suggestions:

1. An option for the passsword to be generated for the player.

Now, I understand people like to pick their own passwords, but there is a problem with people using the same password for EVERY game/website they use.

This leads to many players having vulnerable accounts, and can cause a headache for the gamemaster when a player gets their account ''hacked''.

If the game itself gives the player a password, this at least gives the chance that the player might think twice of using the same password.

(On a personal note, I still used the password for my real Tibia account that was generated by CipSoft, and just have it saved in a notepad, so I know this feature actually works in practice)

2. Name generator.

Sometimes when a person goes to play a game, one of the biggest roadblocks to starting the game is thinking up a name.

This roadblock is increased exponentially when the players ''normal'' name is taken.

With a name generator, it allows the option for the player to roll names till they see something they like, or helps them think up different names by using the generated ones as inspiration.

3. A choice in the config to allow names with numbers.

Many players like to have numbers in their names on online games, and if you just made it a choice in the config to allow numbers or not in names, the script would be more versatile.

4. A choice in the config to allow names with symbols.

Same as above.

5. A choice in the config to set how many words a player can have in their name.

It's just something I have done from my own experiences, but I often make my characters silly names like Giant Radioactive Panda when Sportacus is taken, but I could see how someone wanting to host a server might want to limit the amount of words, so just adding in a choice creates flexibility in the script.
Everything except 4 will be added those where some good ideas, 4 shouldnt be done because of security reasons and 5 would be more like a max letter length instead of a max word type :)

Everything except 4 will be added those where some good ideas, 4 shouldnt be done because of security reasons and 5 would be more like a max letter length instead of a max word type :)

Security reason? I don't really understand, care to explain?

The reason I stated a max word limit, so players couldn't have plainly annoying names like ''A B C D E F G H I J K L M", because with a character limit of 25, that name would still be legal for use.

I guess I should have called it a number of spaces limit.

What about using namelock from the db, and not from a string liste hard coded, so it will be compatible with with the site namelocked if any.
also not sure but u cold use SHA1() function from the db ?
( i m also doing a accmngr ) but i m trying to not touch the source, since i m very bad with compiling to linux centOs.
that results in a lot of workArround -.-
i m based it using the [Gesior2012-TFS-1.0] code but converting php code to Lua script,
also some of you code.

How is this going @Evil Hero?
Is this working? Can be used on a live server?
Thanks for all the effort, nice to see things like this being worked on.

I havn't tried adding it at the latest master, but the code base should still be working just fine, if you encounter problems then let me know and I'll give this a full review.

I'd very much like a full review on how to implement this on TFS 1.3

I'm currently creating an OT using TFS 1.3 downgraded to 8.6, sadly it doesnt have an ingame Account Manager...

I havn't tried adding it at the latest master, but the code base should still be working just fine, if you encounter problems then let me know and I'll give this a full review.
i have some problems doing this with tfs 1.2 i already done the core changes to my source and compiled it but i have 2 problems now, first one is the account manager looks like a normal player it can move,move items, etc and my second problem is that my engine doesnt read the chat channel it just says "[Warning - Chat::load] Can not load script: accmanager.lua"

i have some problems doing this with tfs 1.2 i already done the core changes to my source and compiled it but i have 2 problems now, first one is the account manager looks like a normal player it can move,move items, etc and my second problem is that my engine doesnt read the chat channel it just says "[Warning - Chat::load] Can not load script: accmanager.lua"
feel free to hit me up on discord if you need a guiding hand Evil Hero#8530

Back