• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS][CentOS] Monsters drop no loot (only when compiled on linux)

frostshifter

Reaction score
Hi,

I've run into a small problem when trying to move to a linux server.. For some reason the monsters don't drop any loot.

The server is running CentOS 5.3, and I'm trying to use TFS 0.3.5pl1 from SVN (Revision: 73).

I've compiled it on Windows using the TFS dev-cpp package and then it works flawlessly, everything is working great. But when I compile it on my linux server and copy over the "data" and "mods" folders, along with "config.lua", the monsters won't drop any loot anymore. So, this problem only occurs when compiling TFS on the linux server.

The compilation gave me the following errors. The log files only show the commands, but let me know if you want those as well.

Code:
$ ./autogen.sh
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:3: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:3: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'

$ ./configure --enable-mysql --enable-remote-control >> configure.log

$ make >> make.log
server.h:32: warning: 'class ServiceBase' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
server.h:32: warning: 'class ServiceBase' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
globalevent.cpp: In member function 'void GlobalEvents::think(uint32_t)':
globalevent.cpp:131: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
server.h: In instantiation of 'Service<ProtocolAdmin>':
server.h:146:   instantiated from 'bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t) [with ProtocolType = ProtocolAdmin]'
otserv.cpp:755:   instantiated from here
server.h:44: warning: 'class Service<ProtocolAdmin>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
server.h: In instantiation of 'Service<ProtocolStatus>':
server.h:146:   instantiated from 'bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t) [with ProtocolType = ProtocolStatus]'
otserv.cpp:819:   instantiated from here
server.h:44: warning: 'class Service<ProtocolStatus>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
server.h: In instantiation of 'Service<ProtocolLogin>':
server.h:146:   instantiated from 'bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t) [with ProtocolType = ProtocolLogin]'
otserv.cpp:831:   instantiated from here
server.h:44: warning: 'class Service<ProtocolLogin>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
server.h: In instantiation of 'Service<ProtocolOldLogin>':
server.h:146:   instantiated from 'bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t) [with ProtocolType = ProtocolOldLogin]'
otserv.cpp:832:   instantiated from here
server.h:44: warning: 'class Service<ProtocolOldLogin>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
server.h: In instantiation of 'Service<ProtocolGame>':
server.h:146:   instantiated from 'bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t) [with ProtocolType = ProtocolGame]'
otserv.cpp:835:   instantiated from here
server.h:44: warning: 'class Service<ProtocolGame>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
server.h: In instantiation of 'Service<ProtocolOldGame>':
server.h:146:   instantiated from 'bool ServiceManager::add(uint16_t) [with ProtocolType = ProtocolOldGame]'
otserv.cpp:836:   instantiated from here
server.h:44: warning: 'class Service<ProtocolOldGame>' has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor

Here's some version info:
Code:
$ rpm -q autoconf
autoconf-2.63-1.fc10
$ rpm -q automake
automake-1.10.1-2
$ rpm -q boost
boost-1.40.0-1
$ rpm -q boost-devel
boost-devel-1.40.0-1
$ rpm -q libxml2
libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2.8
$ rpm -q lua
lua-5.1.2-1.el5

CentOS 5 comes with Boost 1.33 and no RPMs can be found with a newer version so I created my own RPM from the 1.40 source and installed it without errors.

Autoconf was installed using a Fedora 10 RPM after learning that it installs fine on CentOS 5.

Any ideas what might be causing the loss of loot? I have no idea. The server works fine apart from the no-loot problem. :S

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back