• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS Config.lua doesn't have SQL??

Pidign

Reaction score
So I've been wrangling with TFS and I'm able to build it, but it doesn't run at all. Looking at other threads and the documentation, they all say to put my sql information into config.lua. The problem is is that there's nothing IN config.lua for mySQL.

Any help would be appreciated.

Which tfs version?
I got it directly from the github, but I assume 1.4?

I reinstalled using the 1.4 release and it seems to have the database stuff now (which I added in properly), but when I run it just does this and then closes quickly after. When I boot up OTClient, there are no servers so I can't connect

1713026174721.png

Did you setup everything right in config.lua?

Lua:
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = "yourUser"
mysqlPass = "yourPass"
mysqlDatabase = "DatabankName"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""

Did you setup everything right in config.lua?

Lua:
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = "yourUser"
mysqlPass = "yourPass"
mysqlDatabase = "DatabankName"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""
Yeah, I changed host to localhost since thats what my database was on, but otherwise that's what I did

Use 127.0.0.1 and did u use the right schema
Yes, I used the correct schema from TFS. I'm able to make an account and character with znote. When I changed everything to 127.0.0.1 (including config.php from znote) and ran it, TFS doesn't even start up.

Yes, I used the correct schema from TFS. I'm able to make an account and character with znote. When I changed everything to 127.0.0.1 (including config.php from znote) and ran it, TFS doesn't even start up.
are you using uniserver?
if so go to us_opt1/ (phpmyadmin)
and go into sql and run
flush privileges;
if it does not work still do
ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'new_password';
then
flush privileges;
then your server should start fine and remember to cancel change mysql password anytime uniserver starts as it will overwrite some config files and prohibit access to third party apps through its own firewall.

are you using uniserver?
if so go to us_opt1/ (phpmyadmin)
and go into sql and run
flush privileges;
if it does not work still do
ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'new_password';
then
flush privileges;
then your server should start fine and remember to cancel change mysql password anytime uniserver starts as it will overwrite some config files and prohibit access to third party apps through its own firewall.

This didn't work :( it's still trying to establish connection but closes right after. I edited all the config files...what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
If you got the newest version of TFS (master branch), the sql credentials are now on environment variables.
In order to add the credentials, you need a .env file with the correct data.

There is a file .env.example with the fields that you need to fill there. Just copy that file, edit and rename to .env

oh didnt
If you got the newest version of TFS (master branch), the sql credentials are now on environment variables.

There is a file .env.example with the fields that you need to fill there. Just copy that file, edit and rename to .env
know about that one well there is fix other fix for older versions would be my way for (uniserver) only not xampp.

Sorry, I have moved to the 1.4 download. I posted another thread on the Support board since my original issue is fixed

Back