• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS EXE file not working

bravespiritz

Reaction score
Im trying to open the TFS EXE file. When I start it a black box appears. But it closes again.

What can be causes for that?

I have created a database adn a character so that is done. But this server is not getting online. why is that?

1691682652790.png

Solution
And do you have multiple processes running on 3306?
Are you 100% sure the details you have in config.lua match up?

Can you paste this section of your config.lua, and obviously leave your username and password blank:
Lua:
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = ""
mysqlDatabase = "mydbname"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""
Premature shutdown usually indicates a DB issue. Is your MySQL server running, and on the same port specified usually(3306)?

Can you paste this section of your config.lua, and obviously leave your username and password blank:
Lua:
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = ""
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""

Solution
when doing this i have downloaded the marked TFS. Is it wrong?
You have to compile it yourself, If you're using an old CPU, and follow the instructions in the link I provided.
First, Double check with the above reply to make sure you have MySQL and everything else correct.

Lua:
-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = "root"
mysqlPass = ""
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""
thanks for that it works now. mysqlUser = "root" that was the problem.

why is it "root"?

what should it be if I eventually want to make it online?

thanks for that it works now. mysqlUser = "root" that was the problem.

why is it "root"?

what should it be if I eventually want to make it online?
root is just the default user for MySQL. It's very recommended to make your own user, with a strong password. And it's even more vital when you put your server online to the public. Unless your database is located elsewhere, the "host" will always be "127.0.0.1" or "localhost". Make sure you give the new user the correct privileges otherwise the server may be unable to do certain queries, i.e DELETE when you don't have the permission

Back