• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS / open tibia servers engines questions

Sopago

Reaction score
GitHub
Sopago
Hi guys so i would like to create my own open tibia server, i have been researching for a while, i do some programming but i would like to get some answers cuz im a little bit confused.

is TFS the best open source free engine out there that i should be using ? I have compiled it + otclient and i have experienced some simple bugs like i couldnt put item on my equipment slot if there was already some item in there, is it engine or otclient bug? . If TFS is not the best option then what is?

Would appreciate if someone could give me some answers on this topic , thank you.

This question is really open and the answer depends on what you actually want. I would advise a clueless starter to go with main branch tfs + otclient for protocol 10.98. But if you want a updated real map of 12.x with no customozations maybe going with otservbr tfs + kondra otclientv8 might be an answer. Whatever you pick there will be issues though, I'm running some old tfs and otclient and I didn't run in the issue you described, maybe some custom script bug, are you running clean versions?

simple bugs like i couldnt put item on my equipment slot if there was already some item in there, is it engine or otclient bug?
if the equipment you were trying to wear was not from your backpack then it was not a bug, but that is how tibia works

Do whatever you need to do just don't buy OTCv8.
Haha , thanks for the advice! wasnt planning on it tho:D
if the equipment you were trying to wear was not from your backpack then it was not a bug, but that is how tibia works
Seriously? I think in fact that was the case, but i assumed it is possible to do so.
I would personally decide what kind of server you want to accomplish and then find a distribution that will fit your server needs.
Fablow, i was thinking about anime server like Dragon ball , naruto or something, thats what i would like to create. I was thinking of rebuilding the most stable engine towards its purpose , is that a bad approach? I think stability is the most important thing im looking for, bug free and as crashless as possible. Features can be written, thats less of a problem.

Fablow, i was thinking about anime server like Dragon ball , naruto or something, thats what i would like to create. I was thinking of rebuilding the most stable engine towards its purpose , is that a bad approach? I think stability is the most important thing im looking for, bug free and as crashless as possible. Features can be written, thats less of a problem.

If you wanted to rebuild an engine, I would recommend using the official TFS repository. If you wanted to work/improve on an engine or client, there is other sites around where people release full Naruto / Pokemon servers.

Back