• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ TFS Repo request (monster loot)

Soulster

Reaction score
I cant create issues in tfs repo for some reason so there comes my request that somebody can create an issue for me

The suggestion is to move 100% of the code responsible for loot in monsters should be moved either 100% to c++ or 100% to lua right now its like 50/50.

What im talking about here is a part of loot droping from c++

C++:

I might not understood it 100% since the code is split out so much its a mishmash in my head so i explain it how i understand it please correct me if wrong.

The main things i want to focus inside this function is that we grab tile and corpse looktype of a creature and calling the on death event (thats when we jump to lua) and then droploot is called which calles again an event ? (this is the part that confuses me since loot items are actually created in lua ?)

Lua:

And here is where the loot is created (with some additional stuff)

The process of trying to change how loot works was a little painful to understand so thats where the request of moving 100% of the loot drop system into either C++ or LUA.
I believe its a good issue proposition, so could somebody open an actual issue inside tfs repo ?

Last edited:
Back