• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Tfs SDK vs VCPKG

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
there are 2 methods to compile the source in windows
I had source 1.2 and the TFS SDK method (everything goes well).

However when I download source 1.3, it gives several errors during compilation, so I thought, I will install VCPKG and try.
I installed vcpkg and gave a thousand errors when trying to compile source 1.3.

Do I need to uninstall the SDK before installing VCPKG?
one method installed, interfere with the other method?

Error during compilation tfs 1.3

Last edited:
You'll have to uninstall SDK and then reinstall vcpkg and don't link any includes or libraries to the solution, It will link vcpkg automatic.

You'll have to uninstall SDK and then reinstall vcpkg and don't link any includes or libraries to the solution, It will link vcpkg automatic.
and is it possible to do some method where I can compile both source 1.2 and 1.3 on the same computer?

I can compile 1.2 using vcpkg, I tried on nostalrius which is based on TFS 1.2, I will try on official 1.2 now and back to you with the results.

Can't get TFS 1.2 to work with vcpkg, Maybe someone else will help with it or even post a method to use SDK and vcpkg together.
I remember I have done it before in the past when I was compiling old sources and 1.3 together using Windows Environment Variables but can't remember what exactly changes I made there.

and is it possible to do some method where I can compile both source 1.2 and 1.3 on the same computer?
yes you have to remove vcpkg integration if you want to compile older tfs for example and if you want to compile newers distributions just simply re-add the vcpkg integration via powersheell

Back