• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS ubuntu performance

Azerty

Solutions
Reaction score
I have a problem with my VPS where the server takes 15 minutes to open and when it opens the lag is constant.
VPS:
Lua:
CPU Amd ou Intel Turbo
5vCore @ 2,7 GHz until 5,1 GHz
RAM 16GB DDR4
Disc 100GB NvMe

Is there any configuration to be done so that the vps runs more powerfully on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS? I analyzed the performance and it does not exceed 20% vcpu

I have a problem with my VPS where the server takes 15 minutes to open and when it opens the lag is constant.
VPS:
Lua:
CPU Amd ou Intel Turbo
5vCore @ 2,7 GHz until 5,1 GHz
RAM 16GB DDR4
Disc 100GB NvMe

Is there any configuration to be done so that the vps runs more powerfully on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS? I analyzed the performance and it does not exceed 20% vcpu
I never heard about any linux configuration related to slow OTS loading. All problems are often related to low quality VPS (ex. 16 real cores of CPU sold as 512 'vCores' to VPS buyers, so your "5vCore" can be 5/32 of 1 single CPU 2.7GHz core = 0.79 GHz single core CPU, like in 2001!).
Benchmark your VPS:
There can be multiple problems: slow disk, slow RAM, overloaded CPU (by other VPSes hosted on same physical machine).

You can compare your score to other VPSes/Clouds/dedicated servers I've tested:

EDIT:
OTSes often spent 90% of startup time on loading RL map .otbm file, which uses few GB of RAM and requires a lot of CPU/RAM operations.
If you are running canary/otservbr server (or some modified version of it), some versions had pretty much to calculate on startup - not related to loading of .otbm. It generated a lot of CPU usage, up to 2 minutes even on fast CPUs. It's fixed on newest versions of canary, but if you run some old version, you can get into this problem.

Last edited:
Back