• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
Question: What do you prefer offline trainers or train on monsters/players?
Please comment why.

We thought about running Closed BETA for 1-2 week(s). Once the BETA is done we'll launch a few days after that. Not written in stone yet.

Bump, what way will there be to support the server? aka donations
Donations will be added to support the server. (PayPal)

Also a gift shop as 'Thank you for donating' will be added with following stuff:
Outfit(s), Mount(s), Sex Change, Name Change, nothing else to keep the RPG feeling.

i prefer offline trainers so people can get some skill "for free" , those who want to get even more skills can always train the good old fashioned way.

i prefer offline trainers so people can get some skill "for free" , those who want to get even more skills can always train the good old fashioned way.

I do not prefer offline training, destroys the rpg feeling. Or atleast give a offline trainer limit, up to skill 40 for example, just to get ahead start if u cant play right away.

I don't like trainers in general. I feel it's a tad bit stupid you can just get skills for doing nothing. I'm not saying to steal ideas from another server but what I really like is that on Ascalon, the way training works is that each soul is 1 minute of training. This way you can't just train all day long, get the best skills and wreck everything. You can obviously regen soul while hunting or other choices of your favor, not to mention you can make items that replenish soul which of course can be bought within a reasonable price.

I remember that ot.
There wasn't many players, but game was awesome xd

are there custom vocs spells? I also think the teleport rune CD is very long xD
We are using Tibias vocations and spells, because they work good. But we might add something custom in the future updates if the players want it.

please compile thanatosot client for mac :(
We'll see what we can do about a client for Mac.

Training Idea
We had some ideas about a "training facility" with an master NPC.
Once you create a character you'll recieve a certain amount of skilling points, which you can exchange for skills at the master in the training facility.

You can gain more skilling points when killing creatures (the points would be added after a certain amount of killed monsters)

Any thoughts about this suggestion?

Last edited:
A little late to the party, but I prefer skilling on monsters/players.
Offline trainers offer all of the reward and none of the risk. They also completely remove the social aspect of training.

Training Idea
We had some ideas about a "training facility" with an master NPC.
Once you create a character you'll recieve a certain amount of skilling points, which you can exchange for skills at the master in the training facility.

You can gain more skilling points when killing creatures (the points would be added after a certain amount of killed monsters)

How would it be different from just letting characters start with X skill and a normal skill system? Aside from it being a fancy way of doing it. :p
Or are you planning on having the training facility alongside the regular skill advancements?

Glad to see Thanatos isn't dead just yet!

A little late to the party, but I prefer skilling on monsters/players.
Offline trainers offer all of the reward and none of the risk. They also completely remove the social aspect of training.

How would it be different from just letting characters start with X skill and a normal skill system? Aside from it being a fancy way of doing it. :p
Or are you planning on having the training facility alongside the regular skill advancements?

Glad to see Thanatos isn't dead just yet!
This way people don't have to spend countless hours skilling to get decent skills but they get it from actually playing the server and killing monsters. We can also add special skill tokens as random quest people get for exploring the map.

Back