• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
TVP is also bringing a lot to the table besides replicating Tibia mechanics even further each month that passes by.
An advanced monster editor is in the works as well, bringing statistics about a monster, easy modifications on the run and a lot more.
unknown.png

Advanced Item Searching
unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:
In Tibia it is possible to throw items beyond the screen, there is no limit to how far distance you can throw an item, what stops you from doing so is blocking objects in the distance.
Not exactly. At the moment of action request the destination point has to be visible for your connection (means: within the size of your terminal, which is your screen plus 1 or 2 squares beyond, depending on the side). You cannot throw items farther than that.

Not exactly. At the moment of action request the destination point has to be visible for your connection (means: within the size of your terminal, which is your screen plus 1 or 2 squares beyond, depending on the side). You cannot throw items farther than that.
Can confirm, tested this out years ago, but made a short demo now just to prove it (pause the video and compare the packets):
Mythbusting is so much fun, I just had to take part of the action, teehee 😁

Can confirm, tested this out years ago, but made a short demo now just to prove it (pause the video and compare the packets):
Mythbusting is so much fun, I just had to take part of the action, teehee 😁
You can throw an item for a longer distance than that if you place it on the edge of the screen and then drag it to the opposite edge. The character will then go to the item and throw it there (way beyond your sight). But you cannot throw anything for that distance straight from your backpack. This is because, as I said, the destination point has to be visible for your connection when the server receives the move packet.

I remembe people doing this with fire bomb runes and shit in abs.

Would put ar une under a tree up north, use it, go to the depo and shoot it, and it would run all the way back to the rune and shoot it multiple screens away 😁

I remembe people doing this with fire bomb runes and shit in abs.

Would put ar une under a tree up north, use it, go to the depo and shoot it, and it would run all the way back to the rune and shoot it multiple screens away 😁
Well, not really (at least not around this version). You cannot do that when using items rather than moving. DistUse only works in range of 7 squares from the character, which is only the size of the client's game window plus two squares more to the north and south.

Last edited:
Well, not really (at least not around this version). DistUse is different than moving and it only works in range of 7 squares from the character, which is only the size of the client's screen plus two squares more to the north and south.
Nah lol, this is like pre version tibia 6 when I used to play

Also things like fishing rods and shit didnt have a cooldown, so you could macro fish the whole screen in almost 1 second

I used a bot (Evrebot?) in 7.6 which you could shoot off screen onto the same tile, that was a max of 1 screen + 2 distance.

Edit: realised you guys were talking in general, but meh, useless info for you xd

in 7.6 which you could shoot off screen onto the same tile, that was a max of 1 screen + 2 distance.
Only to the north and south, as I said, because the max range was 7 squares. You could not shoot off screen to the west and east.

Reactions: Beo
You are completely right again as usual, I completely ignored the TConnection::IsVisible for the destination coordinates LOL

Reactions: kay
This project is a scam, aside from issues with simple formulas, most of the servers using this engine crash right after start.
I don't recommend you buy any service from this guy, he is hoarding crash fixes to his publicly available engine (Nostalrius) and asks you to pay for him to fix it, while he already did that countless times.
Ezz is a pedestrian hack, after you actually pay him to fix his fucked up engine, he delivers stuff like that
Code:
// crash protection
if(creature->getPlayer()) {
    creature->incrementReferenceCounter();
}
// end
Why this guy is allowed to continue his scam activity here is over my mind.

Just look at his GitHub - Update README.md · Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius@3c0a34e (https://github.com/Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius/commit/3c0a34e91e2afb17cbd85a75f5ab96171cd7d8d3)
1663244082367.png
I can't wait for another "100% replica" project, so he can start talking that the violet is not perfect anymore (which, obviously, isn't) XD

PS: It makes me puke when in every second post he mentions he is poor and from Venezuela, starving, with no electricity, yet he changes his profile pic every month to flex with his fake Adidas outfit lol

Last edited:
This project is a scam, aside from issues with simple formulas, most of the servers using this engine crash right after start.
I don't recommend you buy any service from this guy, he is hoarding crash fixes to his publicly available engine (Nostalrius) and asks you to pay for him to fix it, while he already did that countless times.
Ezz is a pedestrian hack, after you actually pay him to fix his fucked up engine, he delivers stuff like that
Code:
// crash protection
}
// end

Just look at his GitHub - Update README.md · Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius@3c0a34e (https://github.com/Ezzz-dev/Nostalrius/commit/3c0a34e91e2afb17cbd85a75f5ab96171cd7d8d3)
View attachment 70568
I can't wait for another "100% replica" project, so he can start talking that the violet is not perfect anymore (which, obviously, isn't) XD

PS: It makes me puke when in every second post he mentions he is poor and from Venezuela, starving, with no electricity, yet he changes his profile pic every month to flex with his fake Adidas outfit lol
Honestly. I feel bad for pink_panther if he payed decent money for it. It was funny at first, but with more bugs reported the more i just fell bad for the guy.

It's far from being a complete replica. Imagine everyone else that bought nostalrius, they had to pay fixes which he then sold to another, etc.. @Ezzz Those who bought nostalrius, do they get violet for free since the promise you said about nostalrius was never true.

Code:
// crash protection
}
// end

View attachment 70568

Are you talking about nostalrius? The version of nostalrius that leaked is several years old now and was then given away for free. It never received any updates like what TVP Does. There's no engine our here you can download and expect to run forever without needing to put in some further development work, No OT server out there is "finished".

I also run Nostalther Retro on the old Nostalrius engine and hasn't crashed in years, and the crashes it did have were because of issues in TFS itself. If you want to run Nostalrius, the only thing you need to fix to stop it crashing is remove the regex support on house doors that was a bug later identified in TFS, this had nothing to do with the Nostalrius engine.

Also no one is making you pay money. Anything anyone puts hours of work and time into is likely to come with a cost, unless you know the person. You can't get anything in life for free unless you're doing it yourself, software development is no exception.

Also, Nostalrius at the time it was still underdevelopment and TVP now aren't delivered "as is". Any problems identified are quickly addressed and the only way to identify issues is to use it thoroughly. It boggles my mind that you can take a massive project like an OTS engine, find 1 thing wrong and claim thee whole thing is bad and a scam. Absolutely mind boggling. This kind of post helps no one do anything.

There's even things in real tibia, from 7.4 and to this day, that you could call "bugs". And if you could trawl through it's source code, you could probably find things to laugh at.

Honestly. I feel bad for pink_panther if he payed decent money for it. It was funny at first, but with more bugs reported the more i just fell bad for the guy.

No need to feel bad, truly. I actually feel great with how much progress we have made. There's only so much a single mind can think to test, having more unique players gets more things tried and tested. Any bug reports I've received so far have already been addressed. None of the bugs have even been critical, server is stable and none of the issues found have caused crashes. Some smaller tweaks and changes still in thee process of being updated, but you certainly don't need to feel bad. I'll also note that any of the bugs from my servers are also due to changes to downgrade it backwards from the reverse engineered project to 7.4. Nothing can be a true RE of 7.4, because this version of the cip server never leaked.

I work in IT as my profession, am a hobbyist developer and host my servers for fun as a avid old school tibia fan, I just love the nostalgia. My only real goal is to provide a fun experience. I only want you to enjoy this great game as I did.

If you still feel bad, you can make it up to me by playing and enjoying the game and the community.

Last edited:
TVP main project is 7.7, 7.4 TVP was never called a true-replica, but we're getting close, only 7.7 is indeed a replica, because we do not have much information from 7.4 at our disposal unlike the 7.7 tarball, and instead everytime something in 7.4 gets reported as wrong or missing, it is eventually being added and fixed, I do not believe anyone is actually using TVP 7.7, everyone likes 7.4.
7.4 Tibiantis is what is the closest to the real thing, but TVP 7.4 however, is managing each and more gameplay changes from 7.4 Tibia as we get reports from stuff that is missing or wrong.
Code:
// crash protection
}
// end
I should ignore Reddington alter account posts, but this is interesting, in case none of you know, Reddington = Aurelion = Kostas = Azleh. (aka, Nostalrius leaker, OTCv8 6+ months ago leaker) judging from the account creation date and the way he refers to my persona says it all.

This pointer reference counter increases you're seeing actually come from Kondra himself (he can even say so himself) and they were added to olders/nostalrius.com.br, they aren't even mine, so why even say this code is mine? This source copy comes from Reddington JusticeSeeker GitHub account that posted some "fixed Nostalrius" engine just to try and put trash on my name, with no success tbh.

Back then in 2017 definitely Nostalrius was the best replica ever made, hence why everyone is using it even today and no other "free" project compares to it, even if Nostalrius was thought to be a replica it resulted to have way too many inconsistencies, but can't blame that, Nostalrius was in development the moment it was leaked, and yet, here is everyone using it as their main engine 5 years later.

Why are you so jealous and with such low self-esteem, you even pay attention to everytime I change my Discord profile picture, good luck making something on your own like I did with TVP, I made TVP on my own from the ground-up, and now I've a team that is helping me grow TVP and address what is wrong, a single person cannot have attention to over one thousand details all at once, I am proud of my work and my clients are more than happy with it and the support I've given and will continue to.

TVP main project is 7.7, 7.4 TVP was never called a true-replica, but we're getting close
1663265714260.png
I look forward to hearing from you once you've your power back m8 cheers

View attachment 70573
I look forward to hearing from you once you've your power back m8 cheers
They are complete, just stuff that I hadn't seen came up, and those were fixed in less than 48 hours, atm the only issues for 7.4 are this: item trap & player damage (no information on 7.4 behavior), and item trap + player damage in monsters results in full exp. Cheers.

Literally main TFS repo: 1000 bugs
No one bats an eye
TVP: fishing rod puts fish in backpack instead of hand
Azleh: BAD DISTRO, OMG

Lol? What a joke. This distro is so stable, and REALLY close to a totally RE perfect server, the only way to fine tune small things is with a larger player base and reports. As of now, can you list any bug which makes Panther’s server not realistic? Maybe you can list client defects, but the server? Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back