• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thinking of making An OT

Ravin

LVL 681 Super Paladin
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making an ot not for profit but for fun any hints and tips i would really love

my idea:

the main TP room would be thais city and the outskirts have it like from the water to say the mountian and thats the map and just change the spawns around so ppl can hunt anything in that area

also put in the normal quests P.O.I INQ stuff like that

then also have a VIP system that is edron island

plus full donor eq and runes as well as non donor eq and runes boosted to cope with the donors

change the exp from normal tibia to like top lvls would be around 1k

any help would be good
as i dnt know much about coding or stuff like that so im kinda noob to this

just my opinion really, you'll regret making TP's if you do, I made the same mistake, my tp areas were 'good' alot of detail and work, but if people dont have to work to get there it gets old too quickly for the work you put it, players want updates too often with teleports since they can 'complete' the server so quickly. it'll take alot longer but just do it with 'exploring' and your server will require alot less work.

also, you won't be too popular thinking of donations/vip etc already, so you should focus on getting players before trying to get money from them (not a dig, just again.. opinion)

finally, tibia quests are abit .. same old in my opinion. quests should be unique rather than repeats of stuff already done.

and exp rate shouldnt be too high, maybe 30? the higher the exp rate the more work you need to put into custom monsters and stuff, since everything gets so easy so quickly that players can just run and one hit anything on your server

Have anything BUT rl tibia... And don't do anything close to Lorelia, It's as unbalanced as anything can get :(

Make ur own custom tp room, And own custom features! Make it unique and u will have loads of players.

Have TPs, training monks, and let players start at level 100. And oh, download a real tibia map!

It just can't get any more original than that.

just my opinion really, you'll regret making TP's if you do, I made the same mistake, my tp areas were 'good' alot of detail and work, but if people dont have to work to get there it gets old too quickly for the work you put it, players want updates too often with teleports since they can 'complete' the server so quickly. it'll take alot longer but just do it with 'exploring' and your server will require alot less work.

also, you won't be too popular thinking of donations/vip etc already, so you should focus on getting players before trying to get money from them (not a dig, just again.. opinion)

finally, tibia quests are abit .. same old in my opinion. quests should be unique rather than repeats of stuff already done.

and exp rate shouldnt be too high, maybe 30? the higher the exp rate the more work you need to put into custom monsters and stuff, since everything gets so easy so quickly that players can just run and one hit anything on your server

thanks i guess i got a long road ahead of me :)

i had a look in the data packs u can download is anyone of them worth getting?

and the only reason i wanted to know about the donor system was to pay for vps with :)

thanks i guess i got a long road ahead of me :)

i had a look in the data packs u can download is anyone of them worth getting?

and the only reason i wanted to know about the donor system was to pay for vps with :)

yeah i would look at them, just dont get lazy. learn from them, maybe even take some parts from them but just remember somebody else has probably done the exact same thing, and people dont want to see the same server as the last one when they went on, so work to make it different. its hard, really hard, and alot of stuff you want to do you wont be able to do, and you wont be able to compete with some people on here with the knowledge they have and the features they put on their server.. (try compete with that pokemon one, not going to happen lol) but really its just about keeping people entertained, think why they would have left tibia or other servers before making yours.

power abuse? bordem of the map/spawns(so RL map or datapacks, are they worth using?)or just bordem of the game itself, and looking for something new. nobody really enjoys sitting killing the same monsters over and over, its a game not a job so you need something different and 'exciting' to make it fun again

i understand the donation thing, i dont think people should complain to be honest when people do attempt to start it up early, players are using your work and your internet connection to play, so to be gave the choice to contribute really shouldnt annoy as many people as it does, but people complain when you host after doing work before you ask too, so you'll never please everybody. when you open one, take note of how many people ask you for help/items/GM, and when you refuse them, take note of how many talk down to you, try to abuse you, or just leave the server. just dont take it to heart when they do, theyre people you dont want playing anyway

in fairness, most people do understand donations. its just when it gets stupid like you start selling benefits that leaves players who dont donate with no chance to compete that people start getting annoyed, as for the server, i wouldnt be worrying about it for a long time.

Back