• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Thronar's Lore - Discussion Thread/Teaser

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
**CAUTION** Huge wall of text suited only for lore lovers coming.

Some of you may have already heard of Thronar, a solo project wich's features are 100% done by me, including every monster, spell, equipment and tile of map. Anyway, that's not the meaning of this thread, in wich I want to discuss solely Thronar's lore.

Some may notice that I have a lot of influences from three main sources: my prefered MMORPG game Lineage 2, the universe of Lord of the Rings and the universe of Berserk, the manga. Note that I will be using lots of elvish words taken from LOTR elvish language, credits to Tolkien if he cares anyway. To Tolkien fans: please do NOT compare my lore with his or any other, based or inspirated means not that concordance is needed between them.

So lets begin:

Thronar itself is a kingdom of the great continent of Iâ-Erulissë (gracefull abyss, or grace of the abyss), bordered by the kingdom of Heim'Dal to the North-east and Lorien to the south-west. The inner continent is completely covered by seemingly endless chains of mountains to an unknow extent.

The first depicted area of the lore (or where players will first begin playing) will be the area know as the Western Triangle, wich is a region on the western end of the Thronarian kingdom. The name come from this area's three cities Enoch, Crumain and Thyrfing, positioned exactly as a triangle with Thyrfing being the northern tip.

On the recent hundred years, a religion worshipping the elf god Thyr have been spread throughout the entire kingdom, replacing the old cults of Ithin and Edhel-Anor, the gods of Moon and Sun and creators of all existance, according to the elven genesis. The new religion quickly gained strenght with their politically strong clerical orders and intimidating cathedrals, and in the short period of around 200 years, made thousand years old costumes become simply tales and folklore.

Lets read a couple books wich you can find on some libraries around about the ancient elves:

<The Era of Ancient Elves CAP. 1> ''It all began when Ithil gave birth to Edhel-Anor, so he could light her path through Min-Fuin, the original darkness or simply ''void''. He, being grateful to his mother and creator for being brought to life, created with his own will the Lhach-Edhel, the flames of Edhel (or elves) to embelish and enlight even further the darkness. Ithin, the great goddess, appreciated his son's creation but felt sad for the newborn Edhels and created a world for them, the Dor-Erulissë (gracefull land) or just Dor. The Edhels also very gratefull for their grandmother's gift, used their gifted magical talents to embelish the newborn land, with breath-taking temples and shrines dedicated to the Moon, Ithin. The elves were created as the image of perfection, they need not to feed, sleep, or age, unless they wish to, and their faces and bodies, males and females, were perfect as their creators.''

The genesis of the elves, the creation of the land and all its life, such a perfect and flawless history! This tale is believed to be the beggining of all history, according to it, we are all descendants of elves and the gods of Moon and Sun! If that so, why do the clerical doutrine teach us that Thyr created and loved us all? If we study the old writtings of ancient elven ruins - ruins much older than any Thyrnian book - Thyr itself is described as a jealous elf god, innocently created by a naive elf, and most likely caused the anger of the original gods and the fall of Dor-Erulissë into the void, wich is depicted on the elven genesis! Even though part of the lore were lost by lack of evidences, most scholars agreed with Thyr's true nature. If that so, why do we still worship this ''god''? Lets take a deeper look into the genesis' writtings. (...)

That is it for today, I will leave the rest for another day.

What are your opinions or predictions about what you have read so far? I ask for your feedback, so I will post more!

I read Berserk, the manga and I already clicked Like.... Gonna read the rest and then edit my post, or not. :p

Edit: From what I've read so far, it sounds good. I really like it. I've tried writing lores and such things myself but I'm not that good :p always ending up with cliché events. Anyway, write more, tell us more, this looks promising. Its a shame that you work on your own. Good luck!

Last edited:
<The Land of the Prophecy> "The small valley of Enoch is one of the first human settlement on these harsh lands, and long time ago belonged to the kingdom of Lorien. When King Raminos VII of Thronar conquered the now called ''Western Triangle'', he ordered a huge thyrnian cathedral to be built to oppress Lorienian culture and influence on this land's people. This is common knowledge, but many people refuses to believe that this was the king's only reason for such a colossal monument to be built! Wich possible interest could have the king on these harsh lands, harassed daily by goblins and orcs? Could his conquest desire have been influenced by religious fanatism?!

''A Land far west from Thyr's heart, there shall be the center of the new world(...) - Genesis of a New World CAP.1''.

King Raminus VII believed that Enoch itself were the land of the thyrnian prophecy, and took them from the hands of the so-called heretics, or Lorenians. WIth the cathedral, the king also transfered the Royal Cemetary of Thronar's most tombs to this suposedly blessed earth, following the prophecies literally!

''Only those lying in holy ground and faithful to the allmighty shall achieve grace after life(...) - Genesis of a New World CAP.2''

(...)

Back