• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia 8.2 Dev Thread/Problems with TFS

i think they don't patched changes from avesta, so they don't got 100% support of 8.2 systems, wait for this, and all will work :>

Maybe Talaturen found it time-consuming while the changes may be updated every single day a few times. Maybe it's better to wait and then update the correct 8.2 from Avesta.

Hi,
this is what I am doing now :D

Sry 4 Doublepost :

Hope it will help :D

Orginally by Pedro.B
MADE IT!

Finnaly I finished updating Jiddo's Npc system to this new format

Now you can use the new shop systems. If your NPCs used the XML/add*Item() format then they should be working right now.

I've also made a small changes on frenzy.xml so you can test the new 8.2 features with it, including shop window, speaking while closing/opening the window and (one) highlightened words only with the XML(+ default.lua) format!

It's the revision #3306, I hope you like it

Any bugs, feel free to report(OTSERV ONLY BUGS, NOT TFS BUGS!)

Cya!

Last edited by a moderator:
XML will never be dead. If you want a Tibia 8.21 xml you are going have to make it you self or someone will come out with one in a couple months. Making one your self would be a better choice.

@up+the guy before that.

yeah but nowadays the sources and distros dont have xml in them so a beginner that wants to just mess around with a server has a hard time to get one until some random guy happens to share his. Well I guess xml isn't bad, i have nothing against it, its just outdated. I first learnt how to make a server when xml was growing and being updated. and now we have sqlite and mysql, and im not sure why anyone would want to learn how to make a server on xml when mysql is so fun and easy to use. I say read some tutorials, get a good grip on the idea. Then download what you need, look through the files with common sense. Follow the installation tutorials to the exact word. and experiment.

or just use sqlite and make an account with 1/1, then later logon otland.net and ask how to make a gmaccount, im sure someone here with experience would link you to an sqlite database editor ;)

cant someone do a xml 8.20?? please send me a msg if you can

I have one made, but I need to get the items.otb to work better...
Several things still make it bug, and my server wont recognize it when changes are made...

Its a working progress that takes time... These things arnt made over night.

Back