• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia servers based on novels/anime/tv shows vs legality

Death Sentence

Reaction score
Hi fellows,

I am wondering how all of those Tibia servers based on the copyrighted content(e.g. Naruto, Dragon Ball, Pokemon, One Piece) are still functiong and they are not meeting any leagal issues? The only resonable argument for me is that they are not popular enough for someone to even care. But it seems to not be true for all the cases. Just look on PokeXGames(old Pokemon Brasil I guess). In the past few years huge amount of players atleast tried this game, their facebook page has over 670 000 likes what is insane for me. Additionaly their enemy is Nintedno which is known for taking down a lot of fan made games based on their universum. I just cannot belive they did not perform any leagal action on the creators.

Maybe someone is/was owner of this kind of server and has some thoughts to share?

Last edited:
Naruto character sprites are so fucking terrible, they avoid copyright by themselves
Well, still those are attracting decent amount of people. Anyway sprites are just a top of the mountain, you even need rights for characters themselves. I doubt any owner of this kind of server acuqired a license.

Not enough money in this for large companies to care, they wont profit from it and might lose money trying to gain anything.

Back