• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia Technology Review (TTR) #1

NeWsOfTzzz

Reaction score
Tibia Technology Review is a new show dealing with technical possibilities and limitations of the Tibia Client. We're trying to get beyond any technical limitation to realize the most awesome features.

Episode #1: Camera Mode
This episode deals with a very interesting feature, the so called camera mode, which practically unties the viewpoint and the playing character. This is also a very important feature, needed as a basic for lots of other things.

You can watch the first episode there:
GOOD QUALITY: http://www.vimeo.com/768334
BAD QUALITY: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=o4qT8OPVYn0

For People who have problems watching online, you can also download the video:
XviD Codec: http://alfadur.de/TTR1_XviD.avi
DivX Codec: http://alfadur.de/TTR1_DivX.avi

PS: Send me all your ideas for neat features via PM and maybe your idea will make it into this show!

Last edited:
Would it be possible for us mere mortals to use this aswell?

That's a very good feature for gamemasters and I hope your project will be a succes I also might send a pm with a idea.

Last edited:
Would it be possible for us mere mortals to use this aswell?

Surely if you code it into your server ;)
But I'm sorry to tell that I usually don't give out my codes, because most people just want to use the work for their own benefits and don't give anything back.
But This show is also a good thing for ambitious coders, they see what is possible and maybe some coders will recreate this ;)

that pretty ridiculous.. i have a couple ideas that i dont know if they are possible yet.. that maybe you could explore

Tell me all ;)
The next 2 episodes are already planned with the following topics:
#2 Playing a movie (I mean a REAL movie like Spiderman) in the Tibia Client (although this will be without sound and only at like 5 FPS).
#3 Playing a minigame in the Tibia Client, like Tetris.
But your idea could make it into #4 ^^

So tell me about all your ideas, either via PM or in this thread publicly

Nice camera mode thing... About the 4th idea... Maybe you could be able to challange players online in games like tetris or chess or something else? Like right clicking the player, challange and then a list with small games pops up and you play it? x) Don't even know if it's possible but it was an idea ;>

Nice camera mode thing... About the 4th idea... Maybe you could be able to challange players online in games like tetris or chess or something else? Like right clicking the player, challange and then a list with small games pops up and you play it? x) Don't even know if it's possible but it was an idea ;>

Yeah that is a good idea, though adding items to the menus in the client is only possible via memory injection and as I've said I dont want that for the show. But I could make it with a command. So you say !tetris "Snel pUppie" and then snel puppie can accept that (if none is battle signed) and the game would start. But making such a game multiplayer would be the next challenge ^^
Ye but sounds really interesting, I'm already sure I'll make a show about it ;)

Surely if you code it into your server ;)
But I'm sorry to tell that I usually don't give out my codes, because most people just want to use the work for their own benefits and don't give anything back.
But This show is also a good thing for ambitious coders, they see what is possible and maybe some coders will recreate this ;)

Release it like talaturen does with his flying carpet/moving boats/train? systems. OR just an other way that you only give to people who give actually something back. not leechers.

Release it like talaturen does with his flying carpet/moving boats/train? systems. OR just an other way that you only give to people who give actually something back. not leechers.

Well a flying carpet is about 100 times easier than this camera mode thing. I needed tons of hours just to figure out how to fool the client so it doesn't piss me off with a debug -.-
For example I first tried to remove the character from the tile (like you remove an apple after you used it), it even worked but as soon as some creature moved the client debugged again with the great message "player character is not where it should be".
But there's a problem with ppl who actually give something back, occasionally they'll release the source then (for example thing like happened with remere's map editor in beta stage). But if someone has something to offer then he can PM me ;)

And now let's stop this topic and get back to feedback or ideas for new shows

I've created a pretty advanced talkaction to play connect4 (also known as four-on-a-row) :p

Ye but this show is also about the graphical implementation, this means the whole gamescreen, where you usually see your character and the environment, will then display the minigame. And the usual controls you use to move (LEFT, UP, RIGHT, DOWN), will then be used to control the minigame.

By the way, is your talkaction public? Then you could maybe send me a link :p

Back