• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • If you're using Gesior 2012 or MyAAC, please review this thread for information about a serious security vulnerability and a fix.

Tibiara 7.4 - Development Thread

Danger II

tibiara.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score

May I present to you Tibiara 7.4
A server based on TVP (The Violet Project - CipSoft Reverse Engineering Project).
While the engine is based on TFS the most important game mechanisms are self-made by Ezzz which is known for his awesome programming skills. Other than that I can say that there are a lot of changes made in the past 4 month by me. Yeah, by me because I am working fully alone. These changes are mostly map updates, for example there is not a single sprite that is not accurate with Tibia's 7.4 SPR/DAT file as I am using the official tibia 7.4 files.

Pretty sure the map is not 100% accurate, so I won't say so. It can't be because even when some people claim to have a real 7.4 map - it can't be. How could that be possible? The leaked RealOTS files are from 7.72, not 7.4. All we can do is watch tons of TibiCams and compare and compare and compare and compare and compare... all day and night long. (and of course some more little stuff such as refreshing zones but that goes abit to much into matter)
That's what Tibiantis did, that's what I did.

I have watched hundreds of hours of TibiCam files and looked into those parts which are known to be changed but also into other map parts, wiki entries, previous updates, etc. The map will be a exact copy of Tibia 7.4. No port hope but with ankrahmun, no dark cathedrale, no poi dragon lords, etc.
Of course there could be still some map differences but even Tibiantis has them.

This is how the balcony in Fibula should look like:
DUPSoBB.png

This is how it looks on Tibiantis: (take a look at the borders)
oeCTYyQ.png

Althrough I really like Tibiantis and the way their whole server is build, there is still some details that are not 100% accruate. As a perfectionistic person I am looking into the smallest details to replicate them in the exact same way.
For example they (Tibiantis) changed the conditions placement but did not remove the tooltip informations from 7.72 client.
kTL5rNF.gif

This might be something you, as player, do not care about but I did. That why this has been fixed on Tibiara.

Just like DJ Khaled would say: Another one.
See this little skin related bug hanging down there when moving the window?
WMBKjVL.png

Even when I am sure you wouldn't also care about this one. I'd love to have a perfect client, that's why I do care.
Also take a look at the missing buttons which should be there from official Tibia 7.4 client.

This is Tibiara - how it should look like:
n5Vqqaf.png

Speed instead of Soul Points in skills list:
rOkxXFU.png

I have to admit, this one was a bit more complicated to fix, but of course on Tibiara it is looking exactly how it should.

This is how it should look like:
47a7fJk.png

(Pssshhhh... look at the 'Hitpoints' wording, there shouldn't be a space in between)

I know this sounds crazy and isn't even really worth to be talked about as Tibiantis is a great server and I really appreciate the work they doing and probably will even fix related bugs but I just want to show you: I am looking into smallest details, even those you wouldn't care about.
More informations about Tibiara client can be found at the official website of Tibiara (at the bottom of this thread)

There are really tons of changes made which I cannot list all as during the development time I've lost alot of the change logs. All I can say is you will have a different feeling by playing this server. It's just... less OTS.. more Tibia 7.4.
Of course the key features of Tibia 7.4 stays the same. Such as UH traps, non-pz boats, magic level based system, etc.

When it comes to hosting costs I struggled along time with myself. There's always someone that is willing to pay for something he enjoys, which I personally do aswell.
I've end up by implementing a payment service to purchase. The prices for premium are not final at all. Premium system will be just like in Tibia back then. (houses, traveling, spells, etc)

It might be worth to mention that the website is fully written from scratch and based on Bootstrap 5 to make the website even look beautiful on smallers screens such as mobile devices.
Not only the layout is awesome but also the main features like house auction system and guild system is working just like Tibia's. There a few more stuff but I would suggest you to explore that by your own :)
A lot informations can be found on the website but do not be worried, some are also missing. I am working on this project daily for several hours to make it as perfect as possible.

Once everything is ready there will be an announcement in the server gala section for a test server.

One last thing I'd like to say is this thread is not in ANY competition with Tibiantis. As I already mentioned earlier, the Tibiantis team is great and did/do an outstanding kind of work to provide most accurate informations about old school servers but even they're not 100%.. OTS are just about to have fun and enjoy the game. I respect all of their work and maybe could even point out some bugs that wasn't known so far. I don't want to compare myself to a whole team but one can do great work aswell. If anyone of the Tibiantis team feel offended by any part of this thread I would like you to contact me so I can fit it the best for you.

Most Important Informations:

Test Server:
TBA (very soon)
Website: Tibiara - Not just another 7.4 Open Tibia Server (https://tibiara.com)
Discord: Join the discord server
Server Rules: Tibiara Server Rules

Last edited:

kay

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
TibiantisOnline
If anyone of the Tibiantis team feel offended by any part of this thread I would like you to contact me so I can fit it the best for you.[/I][/COLOR]
You mentioned Tibiantis more times than Tibiara - it's pleasing, not offending! (waiting for this to start, so I can list all its inaccuracies in revenge 😇)

Serious answer: don't worry, we see no reason to hold any grudge for your comparisons. The OT market would have looked much better if more people shared equal passion for old Tibia and attention to detail. Best luck with your project!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danger II

Danger II

tibiara.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
You mentioned Tibiantis more times than Tibiara - it's pleasing, not offending! (waiting for this to start, so I can list all its inaccuracies in revenge 😇)

Serious answer: don't worry, we see no reason to hold any grudge for your comparisons. The OT market would have looked much better if more people shared equal passion for old Tibia and attention to detail. Best luck with your project!
Once you go through the process to convert everything into 7.4, people would understand how much experience is needed and one brain is mostly not enough. It is no secret that I had to look up few things on tibiantis because it is so accurate and well researched.

Appreciate your kind words, thank you :)

Ahoi

Reaction score

Yeah. That's right, it is immediately apparent. I must admit that I laughed a lot when I saw this topic. In other words, he could write:

"Hey everyone! I bought and downloaded server from ezzz, so it must be perfect! As you know, Tibiantis is perfect, but mine will be better, because I have removed borders from balcony on Folda and I have removed the tooltips from the client."

BoneZ

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
What rates do you have in mind? Any content updates after the official release? What can we expect in the future. What client are you going to use? I personally think the standard client is outdated.

teka123

Reaction score
Yeah. That's right, it is immediately apparent. I must admit that I laughed a lot when I saw this topic. In other words, he could write:

"Hey everyone! I bought and downloaded server from ezzz, so it must be perfect! As you know, Tibiantis is perfect, but mine will be better, because I have removed borders from balcony on Folda and I have removed the tooltips from the client."

Exactly, I have read more about Tibiantis than about the server itself.

OP
OP
Danger II

Danger II

tibiara.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score

Aww.. I am sorry that you read it like that. I am not really good in writing topics. But sometimes people mix up words they read with words they want to understand.
I don't see any problem with outsourcing projects. You wouldn't repair your own car if you have no idea how to, if there is someone you can pay for to repair it.
And nowadays old school servers should of course compare to Tibiantis as it's the most accurate old school server for now. I have customized a lot (to make it more 7.4 accurate) of stuff rather than only download and run. Maybe you should give it a try first before judging?

PS:
It was Fibula, not Folda.

What rates do you have in mind? Any content updates after the official release? What can we expect in the future. What client are you going to use? I personally think the standard client is outdated.

I haven't thought alot about this for now but I am not a fan of 1x low rate servers so it will be somewhere near static 2-4x I think. Maybe I should open a poll before going live, what do you think?
When it comes to custom content there is nothing planned for the next 3 to 6 month.
The client is based on Tibia's 7.72 with an injected DLL file with makes it possible to customize alot of stuff such as User Interface (UI) to make it look exactly like Tibia's 7.4.
You can read more about the client here

Last edited:

kor

PHP ziom
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
rookgaard
YouTube
Rookgaard
The client is based on Tibia's 7.72 with an injected DLL file with makes it possible to customize alot of stuff such as User Interface (UI) to make it look exactly like Tibia's 7.4.
Why can't you just use original 7.4 client to recreate original oldschool feeling? Players back then was using older graphic engines and they didn't care if their connection was encrypted by XTEA and RSA.
Instead of downgrading client from 7.72 to 7.4 you can for example extend 7.4 with features you need.

johnsamir

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Why can't you just use original 7.4 client to recreate original oldschool feeling? Players back then was using older graphic engines and they didn't care if their connection was encrypted by XTEA and RSA.
Instead of downgrading client from 7.72 to 7.4 you can for example extend 7.4 with features you need.
won't be hard to edit since there's not source of it?

kor

PHP ziom
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
rookgaard
YouTube
Rookgaard

johnsamir

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
DLL sources of every 7.72 server with client extension comes from GitHub - SaiyansKing/tibianic-dll: Windows Tibia client 7.72 DLL injection (https://github.com/SaiyansKing/tibianic-dll), so if someone is able to modify 7.72 client to mimic 7.4, will be able to make adjustments to 7.4 client.
if you are going to use that client that way would be better to use 7,72 and mimic 7.4 instead of ollydgb and hex edit client all again in order to do something that has been already made.
my pov

LordCompi

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
OP
OP
Danger II

Danger II

tibiara.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score

You could easily use Tibia‘s 7.4 client but 7.72 was the first client (and last client without hotkey) which had open gl and directx 9 options. That’s why 7.72 is the most popular old school client. The graphic of 7.4, 7.5, 7.6 were terrible and nowadays not even playable.

kuhi

Premium User
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Kuhicop
"Ezzz awesome programming skills" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
One day you will discover it's only copy paste and when you ask for something he can't paste then he disappears.
And you were lucky you asked for things he had working and didn't send you a broken code for which he won't give any support.
I've tried to work several times with him and you can't be talking about quality when you hire this "freelancer"

OP
OP
Danger II

Danger II

tibiara.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
@kuhi Ezzz is a great programmer no matter what you think.
@Danger II I know this is going to be a great project :) and like I said on discord too, your website is frickin amazing and I love the way you can view floors on the house page :)

He is indeed one of the greatest programmer in the community, no doubt.
Thank you for the comment about the website, I appreciate that.