• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tips for new mappers !

Zysen

=)
Reaction score
Hey guys,I'm not so experienced mapper,and all the stuff,but I know some tips that I wanted to share with you ^_^
I will list the tips in 2 parts -
Beginner and Extra tips :w00t:

Beginner tips :

• First,start by reading tutorials at the otland's mapping tutorial section.Then do a map,post it on mapping showoff section
    [*]
    and be positive. Wait till the good mappers view it,comment it,and tell you how to improve it.So when you got a mistake,find it,fix it,and you probably won't do it again :)
  • Also,I know,everybody says you need to use RAW to map..But,if you're a new mapper,you need to use autoborder for the first couple of maps,or you may fail ! But,don't get use to it. If you want to be a good mapper,you need to map with RAW. I recommend RME (Remere's Map Editor) for the new mappers ^_^

• Almost none of your maps are terrible. If you think the map you are doing is bad, don't give up ! My tip for mapping : Never give up ! Every map can be saved by fixing mistakes :p
  • Don't care what the flamers say about your maps.. They don't got nothing else to do,so they flame people. If they come saying "Your map is horrible, you're a bad mapper bla bla" just don't mind.You need to think and care about the good critics as : "It's good you must improve thing,so it'll be better,don't like it but change bla bla and it will be better.." Indeed,good mappers can help you to be better :p

Extra tips :

• You should always find ways to improve some things that others can't. ;)
  • Also,practice in area you don't map very often,like I don't like to map swamps,but,trying to improve it myself :D
  • Always,try to map UNIQUE maps. To map the way no one can.

All the best,
Zysen.

Hopefully new mappers will look at this, and it's true about the flaming part. Do NOT care, make them say how you can improve it.

;Edit;
Good tutorial Zys :)

Beginner tips :

First,start by reading tutorials at the otland's mapping tutorial section.Then do a map,post it on mapping showoff section
[*]
and be positive. Wait till the good mappers view it,comment it,and tell you how to improve it.So when you got a mistake,find it,fix it,and you probably won't do it again :)

Maybe it's just me, but tutorials never helped me. Some people just don't get how they made it and then it's useless
What I did in the beginning, was observe, a lot of observing
I first watched good mappers for a few months

Maybe it's just me, but tutorials never helped me. Some people just don't get how they made it and then it's useless
What I did in the beginning, was observe, a lot of observing
I first watched good mappers for a few months

Do you watch one piece by any chance?!

OT: Nice tips, Knew most of them though :p

Nice tutorial, if I may say, im an expert (mapping for 3 years now), I guess I may, but one thing isnt right: im still using auto border sometimes for the mainshape of isles and islands :) Anyway nice tut

Hey, I liked this post, I'm new at this thing of mapping, and I would like to know some mapping softwares for tibia 7.4-7.6 and 7.72, so if you guys could help me, I'd be glad with you ^^, also I'm new at the forum so please, I'll honestly check the posts and reputation before openning a link ^^

Remeres map editor + download tibia client 7.4 ~ 7.6 and 7.72

Back