• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

tips on making a decent server

Snavy

Bakasta
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Could you give me some advice on:
• How a decent OTServer should be made ( PLAY - TO - WIN )?
• How easy / difficult should tasks/quests/hunts be ? Which is more fun ?
• Are purely written stories a "good" start ( with a 100% custom map ) ?
• Anything fun which is not PVP?

TFS 0.4

I am suspicious to speak, because I like a lot of good rpg, custom map, low rates and rpg.

but nowadays I think the ideal would be a server medium rates, 1 to 79 a 300x or 200x and 451 on 1x

with enough systems, castle, dungeons, rifts, crafting, daily among others, this keeps the player busy, not with a goal only UP UP and have nothing else to do, quests too.

if it is a server with teleports put limits, for example a quest must have 5 others complete, must have x level, etc.

have enough events too, Battlefield, Last Man Standing, Capture The Flag, Safe Zone, Deathmatch, etc.

Active Staff.

I do not see with evil eyes servers that contain vip, this is attractive to others.

I am suspicious to speak, because I like a lot of good rpg, custom map, low rates and rpg.

but nowadays I think the ideal would be a server medium rates, 1 to 79 a 300x or 200x and 451 on 1x

with enough systems, castle, dungeons, rifts, crafting, daily among others, this keeps the player busy, not with a goal only UP UP and have nothing else to do, quests too.

if it is a server with teleports put limits, for example a quest must have 5 others complete, must have x level, etc.

have enough events too, Battlefield, Last Man Standing, Capture The Flag, Safe Zone, Deathmatch, etc.

Active Staff.

I do not see with evil eyes servers that contain vip, this is attractive to others.

Thank you for responding :)

Also I would like to know what you think about a custom story.
I am currently working on the story and I thought that I could build this dramatic "scene" and build the server based on that; basically how everything would work (events, quests, hunting etc ).

Thank you for responding :)

Also I would like to know what you think about a custom story.
I am currently working on the story and I thought that I could build this dramatic "scene" and build the server based on that; basically how everything would work (events, quests, hunting etc ).

it would be something very interesting, let the imagination flow, something different and well worked for sure would draw enough attention, new sprites, everything that is different is legal, as long as it is well done.

I think it would be something to think about, a story like in the mmorpgs, that started from missions, with attributes, to be equipping and fortifying and knowing parts of the map, that lead to other parts, a game with history, interesting.

I would not go for low stages if you ask me.. Low stages ots are in most time boring

Trick players and say that its a high exp OT server. But all the damage calculations in weapons and spells are greatly reduced with level stages. So even if you are level 100 you fight like a lvl 20 ;)

Trick players and say that its a high exp OT server. But all the damage calculations in weapons and spells are greatly reduced with level stages. So even if you are level 100 you fight like a lvl 20 ;)
It will not change anything because if you multiplied the level 20 dmg and hp 5x it will be same % of dmg and healing anyway so i think the best thing for highexp ot the dmg and healing and everything goes as the player wants which means custom OTClient lets the player able to see the dmg in % or buy his dmg number and same with the healing and health/mana bars

In the old days with cipsoft, players complained about the super slow mana reg.
I think they doubled it, and that's the standard today.
But also they doubled the mana cost of almost everything, except basic spells.
And as a result players needed higher level to be able to cast the spells.

Sure, I understand people wants to lvl fast sometimes and have fun. But if you exp for 1 hour or less and you unlocked all spells already, there is no feeling of progression. If we don't look at equipment, skills/mag level and be able to finally get that level so you can cast that spell felt great.

In the old days with cipsoft, players complained about the super slow mana reg.
I think they doubled it, and that's the standard today.
But also they doubled the mana cost of almost everything, except basic spells.
And as a result players needed higher level to be able to cast the spells.

Sure, I understand people wants to lvl fast sometimes and have fun. But if you exp for 1 hour or less and you unlocked all spells already, there is no feeling of progression. If we don't look at equipment, skills/mag level and be able to finally get that level so you can cast that spell felt great.
I think i found out how to solve something like this in my ot don't forget to join my discussion thread soon :)

I do relate with this.
It is no fun for me when 40 level sorcerer has already all spells unlocked, and there are 500-700 levels running on the server.

Waiting for power spikes, as the level progresses, made it worth to grind experience.

Back