• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

To: OpenTibia Community

Reaction score
Please take 2 minutes to read through this and post a comment.

I see people all the time complaining that theres no custom servers, theres only real maps, donation servers... the list goes on. So, why don't you DO something?

So, lets take a look at the custom servers that are being made, advertised, etc. You open any given thread, and what do you find? Someone complaining, as if they have been offended on some moral level that the persons server, that they are in no way forced to play, doesn't live up to their o so high standards.

Yeah, so you don't like high-exp teleport maps? Neither do I. But, what if, instead of flaming them for actually doing something other than opening a real map you just ignore them. Or how about even supporting them, I'm not saying play they're server if you don't want to, but really, is it necessary to flame them? Just support they're creativity.

I'm not saying that this is going to stop real-maps and such, but maybe it'll give people a little bit more drive to do something. Stop taking OT's so seriously, just let people play and have some fun. Avoid those servers you don't want to play, just support the general idea of people creating something themselves. If everyone was a bit more considerate and not so judgmental I'm sure we would see an improvement in the Open Tibia community all around.

Last edited:
Agreed.
There are a lot of people who put too high standards on a custom server. WAY TOO HIGH. IMO a Evolutions quality map beats a "rl tibia" map anytime.

in my eyes custom server is=
High,HIGH exp(fast levels)
High damage and low exhausted time
Teleport.... Everywhere(peoples dont wanna spend 10 hours looking for spawns)
Usualy bad mapped(not very detailed)

Rl maps:
Low Exp(takes forever to level up)
Balanced Damage(not just who is highest level / can spam hotkey fastest)
no teleports.. i mean.. its rl map.. who doesnt know where to go for spawns?
very detailed map! Rl tibia map = art in some peoples eyes..

I personaly loves custom maps cuz i hate getting max 10 levels a day... if level 150+
but still.. for pvp RL Maps is usualy best cuz of good balance.

We as otlanders should indeed take some action!
What about making a thread, that OTlanders can make a costum map together, because everybody says it's to mutch work?
If there is one person, which can map pretty nice towns, let him make a town. If another person loves to make dragon spawns, let him map a dragon spawn. Than peoples can say what is good and what could be better on the map, so he/she could improve the map..
It's just an idea..

~Sentielo

i saw like a thread once(cant remember if it was here or otfans) where they started by scratch... and one player mapped some, and when he was done putting something inn, he uploaded it to the forum.
then someone else said they were mapping, and when the next person was done, he uploaded it again :p

That means that we are with 3 peoples already.. so it soons as a nice try atleast! I will soon make a thread, hope there 'll be some active mappers around than ^^.
The question than should be: just one server; share it with other peoples from otland? For example: We make the official "TFS map" OR "we make ONE good server."

Just make one commit to 0.3 and 0.4 and all download and run servers will be broken for future versions. Still, there are nothing better then real maps that are easy to get. The OT world is getting obsessed with money, if you know the real identity of the owner of a server that is meant to earn money on, and that hes not paying taxes. Don't hessetate to contact the autorities.

Back