• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Too long signatures, The

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf

Sing, sing blue silver
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
tayandenga
Twitch
tayandenga
Why any global moderator or administrator won't do something with users having too long signatures (have anyone heard about feature called infractions? :|)?
Take a look:
zrzutekranu8sd5.jpg

For me its half of my screen! Now imagine user with 800x600 resolution- he has to scroll whole page to see another post!
zrzutekranu9vz5.jpg

Also, I think that 8 lines is way too much (such amount should be available only for donators, or even less, 6 lines!) as netiquette allows maximum 4 lines for a signature:
- If you include a signature keep it short. Rule of thumb
is no longer than 4 lines. Remember that many people pay for
connectivity by the minute (bit outdated, but somehow connected to current situation- many people pay now for bandwidth!), and the longer your message is,
the more they pay.
Source: RFC 1855

Well, thats not all. Limit of 5 's + uploaded to forum 200px high and 250kb heavy image is also funny. Imagine now 256kb adsl user (example, for lowness) with 10gb of bandwith (as my friend in UK) loading a thread page, where each post author has signature containing 6 animated images 250kb weight each + 250kb avatar- hell, huh?

I am requesting to change rules regarding signatures (also avatar weight is way too huge!), as they are NOT user friendly.
Signature is [u]not[/u] a place to store your emo-thoughts, or put tons of images (fe. with your speedtest + 528947394832 layers picture from photoshop)- [b]use myspace or any other blogging for that[/b]!

Last edited:
Finally someone that thinks like me! I said to tala to use the Rules i added once in the art showoff 400x150px MAX, but he ignored me I think..

Hello:) You make me famous.

Anyway, maybe there's too long max signature, I don't really know.

So I think yeh, *SIGNED*

By the way elf, which ot server are you playing?

I'm not against it or something and maybe the sizes should be edited, though I can't change it.

Only 150px height of the signature will be displayed now.

Thank you, maybe make the avatars max size 100x100px instead of 150x150.

It's already 100x100 for normal users, and avatars don't really take up so much space...

The point is my screen auto reduces big pictures, so i cant see who is overdoing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back