• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows (Too much delay) Vps/Website Hosted

Gaber Zen

Reaction score
hello everyone
I suffer from a big problem that I don't know how to solve
My Server Get lag After 60+ online With vps 10 Ram-12 Cor
Webiste Ram 16+ And Have lag (HOW)
VPS+Web Hosted In one DataCanter
How i can fix the problem?
Has anyone encountered problems like this before? Please let me know, How was it fixed?
To learn consumption %35ٌRam-9 Pross%
USE OTX+TIBIA 8.60 CLinet
DataBase/Web All in hosted other, not in my vps
Limt Mc 4x
Kick 15

Last edited:
map 8000X, my server Was Have 300+ online In VPS Never Get lag, With ram 8+6cor
ithink problem With Database Far from Vps?like 127.0.0.1

• Any peaks in ram / processor usage?
  • Is it under the constant load?
  • Do you experience any DDOS attacks?
  • How many packets per seconds your server allows?
  • Maybe players specific activity increase server load (scripts regularly running)
  • Do you experience lags after immediately or after few hours? Do you reset server regularly?
  • Any custom spells? On my server few spells can lag a little bit with too many casters.
  • What's the ping time from your server to your database?
Maybe answering these question will help you in finding solution.

1:
Disk Usage
2.88 GB / 19.77 GB (14.59%)
MySQL® Disk Usage
4.17 MB / 16.89 GB (0.02%)
Bandwidth
4.12 GB / ∞2.88 GB / 19.77 GB (14.59%)

2: 60 player Walk/quest/war/Training
3:no one ddos my server I check
4:idk packets
5:everything is good no erro
6:exp boss i see lag 1 sec for 6 or 7 player take exp
7:no custom
8:i add my vps + Website host 1 Data canter ping is >=1

But when my Server in Vps + database ( server not get lag with 8 ram -6 cor) i have 300+ online
i change all To attack my website Up processor+99

Post automatically merged:

Look There i test ping website in my vps
get that
ddas.png

Last edited:
Try to use stats, i guess its the best way to check if something is consuming a lot of resources on VPS, and the best thing of this is pointing exactly what is causing problem:

Which version of OTX? I use OTX 2 and had a lot of problems with performance and bugs (i still have some), but follow somethings u can do:

1) Compile server using -march=native -Og -ggdb3 flags, it reduces server CPU consumption, balancing performance and debugging;
2) Try to check how monster behavior in your server, how the pathfinding is working (Solved - Weird monster behaviour in TFS 1.1? (https://otland.net/threads/weird-monster-behaviour-in-tfs-1-1.228021/page-3#post-2708593));
3) Uses fast attack?
4) I recommend change to Linux, few years ago i was using Windows Server 2012 and migrate to Ubuntu, best thing i did.

Problem not About Sourc, hosted Website have a problem low Speed Database
mysql is low It is weak and I do not know how to solve it or detect it
player when kill monster take 2 sec to take exp or 3 sec

Remote MySQL​

Last edited:
If you think that there is problem with that DB consider moving DB to the server where you have your engine to reduce latency. Observe if you have any deadlocks / row locks on your main tables. Try to find out which queries execute the longest period of time. You can rewrite such queries or provide indexes for tables.

Additionally check MySQL configuration, pool size or maybe threads if there is such option.

Is it possible that database in my VPS, website in hosted
Will there be problems?
Depends on ping between servers. If ping between website host and database on VPS is 50 ms and there are 10 SQL queries on website, it will take 0.5 second to load.
Some acc. maker pages execute up to 30 SQL queries, then load time it around 1.5 second on 50 ms ping to database.

Servers almost always host www on same host as database or buy 2 VPSes/dedics next to each other (same datacenter) to keep ping below 5 ms.

Of course, man, I do First Time buy vps+HostWeb From 1 Data Canter
Look I will Screen, but After 60 online get lag or 70
MY server Was 0 lag with 300+ online all Website-Database in vps
After Transfer Database In Website Get lag not all time
some time ping website up 10+ or 15
player and me We feel lag
You Can join my server, with clinet or old clinet 8.60 To test
01:34 65 players online: server get lag i have ram and cor+12 i try

Depends on ping between servers. If ping between website host and database on VPS is 50 ms and there are 10 SQL queries on website, it will take 0.5 second to load.
Some acc. maker pages execute up to 30 SQL queries, then load time it around 1.5 second on 50 ms ping to database.

Servers almost always host www on same host as database or buy 2 VPSes/dedics next to each other (same datacenter) to keep ping below 5 ms.

dfdfdfd.png

Last edited:
Back