• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tool] Intellisense for tfs lua

Azakelis

Premium User
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing intellisense for tfs lua for vs code.
Currently I'm finished with Player class. It may take long time because I'm doing it all by hand and luascript.cpp alone is about 16k lines of code that I have to parse and sometimes analyzing luascript.cpp isn't enough so I need to check other files too.
I will release it as soon as it is usable.
Here are some previews:
1613500598779.png
1613499334006.png
1613499503481.png
1613499917355.png

Last edited:
I think you gonna make me use vscode for this

If you are in a hurry you can use the version of sublime text 3 for visual studio code

%AppData%\Roaming\Code\User\snippets\lua.json

How about this tho?
Didn't know about this. This one seems somewhat usable but after checking it out it seems to be missing:
  • Inheritance (f.e. Player inherits from Creature table)
  • Return values
  • Enums
  • Meaningful descriptions
  • Type hinting
Also some functions are documented wrongly f.e. Player:addItemEx.

I might be wrong about some of this missing stuff but I've only quickly checked it out.

#edit
Also my version will have old tfs compability with hints how to refactor them to newer scripting style.
And on top of that it will include stuff from lua too not only cpp.

Last edited:
Didn't know about this. This one seems somewhat usable but after checking it out it seems to be missing:
  • Inheritance (f.e. Player inherits from Creature table)
  • Return values
  • Enums
  • Meaningful descriptions
  • Type hinting
Also some functions are documented wrongly f.e. Player:addItemEx.

I might be wrong about some of this missing stuff but I've only quickly checked it out.

#edit
Also my version will have old tfs compability with hints how to refactor them to newer scripting style.
And on top of that it will include stuff from lua too not only cpp.
Don't forget to add revscripts and eventcallbacks ;)

per example:
GIF 16-02-2021 04-27-29 p. m..gif
GIF 16-02-2021 05-14-55 p. m..gif

Last edited:
@Azakelis maybe this can speed up the process dont know if u have it already and if its even gonna be helpful but there it is

@Azakelis hey are you still developing this? I think there are lots of people that would love to try out whatever you have, maybe even keep working on it, if you aren't still working on it yourself I mean

Back