• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Turn-Based Battles.

elnelson

Lunaria World Dev
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey otlanders, i got a crazy idea when i was playing Dofus.
why not make a Turn-Based battle system?
if you dont know what the heck is that, check videos of games like: Wakfu, final fantasy tactics (PSX>GBA), dofus (for lazies
).

the system might work more or less like this:
-If a monster is hostile, and targets you, you enter like a "private" session of the actual map, if not hostile, you target and battle start.
-Action Points(AP) and Movement Points(MP) will be useable for the battle (E.G; 3 movement points and 3 action points per turn, can be raised with buffs or equip)
-Spells and attacks uses determinated AP and sometimes MP
-Monsters might have different attacks, AP and MP, some monster might also be able to summon creatures that participate in the battle
-Players roaming close to a battle can join (if the host of the battle wants it).
-Time limit for each turn (might be configurable)

It looks something impossible, but lets make this fun idea a fact.
I have no knowledge on C++ but i guess it needs a modification in the actual battle system (maybe removing it idk XD), with help of LUA scripts to make the battles.

Everything is possible if you have enough time ;)
For sure project like this would require many time investments. But it's doable.

Not trying to kill enthusiasm, but to be honest, I'd rather look up for the different engine than TFS, but in the end it's up to you.

Everything is possible if you have enough time ;)
For sure project like this would require many time investments. But it's doable.

Not trying to kill enthusiasm, but to be honest, I'd rather look up for the different engine than TFS, but in the end it's up to you.

Yeah, there might be some fellas interested to work that engine. Lets wait them to show up :p

Back