• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Configuration [TUTORIAL] Adding Custom Monsters to your 7.92 OT

grind_king_01

Mapper/Scripter
Reaction score
A couple of you requested in my other tutorial you wanted me to post something on monsters. I did this as I was making my own custom monster and mine turned out fine, so if there's anything wrong with your monsters, it's either the unclarity of the explanation (I did it quickly so tell me which parts may be unclear), or you.

Custom Monsters Tutorial:

This tutorial will show you how to make your own custom monsters and be able to play with them in your Tibia Ots.

The beginning is very familiar to that of adding items. So before you start following this tutorial on how to add new monsters into your Ots, please start off by following Step 1 in my adding items tutorial.

Adding new monsters into your Ots:
Sections:

1) Editing Sprite Information
2) Editing Monster Attributes
3) Editing Sprites
4) Adding Corpses
5) Decay the Corpses
6) Making the XMLs

Required programs:
- DatEditor v1.4 by Black Demon
- OtItemEditor

An Introduction:
I strongly recommend you familiarize yourself with adding item sprites before moving to monster sprites by going here:
http://******.net/showthread.php?t=77825

Now that you have finished compiling your monster sprites, open up the DarEditor. This is what it should look like:
clipimage001qf9.jpg

Now, go to File > Open, and locate your Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr. Once you have these open, click on the “New Monster” button near the top left of the window, and it should take you to a blank monster canvass.
Before adding the sprite ids, you will have to change the monster sprite information (middle section). The reason for this being that monsters are different from items, all monsters have animations, and they also have to walk in one of four directions. I will be working on a custom Zombie monster which was given to me by a friend.

1) Editing Sprite Information:
First, this monster’s dimensions (height and width) are 2 sqm. This means that its height is 2sqm high (up and down), and its width is 2sqm wide (left to right). So I will change its width and height to 2 and 2 respectively.
Second, we have to edit the monster’s cropped size. If your monster is 1x1, leave the cropped size at 0. If it is any larger than 1x1 set it to 64.
Thirdly, we must edit the X Div. Change this to 4. This just means that the monster will have a different look when it turns north, west, east or south. If your monster is like a Slime and change looks when it changes directions leave it at 1.
Lastly, change the animation count from 1 to the number of different animations the monster has when it walks. The Zombie I am working changes 3 times when it walks, so I will change it from 1 to 3.
This is how my Sprite Information looks like:
clipimage002pb9.jpg

After you have done this, click the “Save Item” button near the “New Monster” button you clicked on earlier.

2) Editing Monster Attributes:
On the right side of the window you will find the “Attributes” section. The only 3 attributes which apply to monsters are “Idle Animation” which you will select if your monster is like a Slime and does not change when it turns.
The second attribute is Light. I am not quite sure how this is measured, but you can look at other monsters like Fire Elemental, or Hellfire Fighter (7.9x) and try to analyze it. My hunch is that 1 = 1sqm, 2 = 2sqm, and so on.
And the last attribute pertaining to monsters is “Offset”. What this does, is it moves the monster up and left x number of pixels. You usually select this option and offset it in each direction to 8 if your monster is standing (like a Fire Devil, Cyclops, Wild Warrior). In the end it doesn’t matter if you don’t offset it. Offsetting the monster will only make it uniform with what cip has already done.
This is what my monster’s attributes look like:
clipimage003nz3.jpg

3) Editing Sprites:
After all the Sprite Info and Attributes are set, click the Save Item button again, and you will notice that there will be whole column of 0’s that appear in bottom text area:
clipimage004um2.jpg
(Under the “Sprite Information” section)

Each 0 represents 1 sprite. The DatEditor added the exact number of sprites that your monster will need to function properly.
Now this part will get very tricky. You will have to open up your custom sprites so you can see the sprite numbers, and you will have to replace each 0 with the monster sprite number.
1234aq2.png

In this screenshot I just added the first part. After locating your custom sprite numbers, you must start off by entering the bottom right part of the monster as your first sprite, then the bottom left, then the top right, lastly the top left. Then click on the “Save Item” button to view it. If your monster has more than 1 animation it will flash, don’t worry, this is perfectly normal.
You will then replace the next four 0’s with the 4 monster sprites of the monster facing east:
clipimage006yk0.jpg

Again you must enter in the 4 sprites in the same order as the first one, starting by the bottom right. Click “Save Item” and press the “Turn Object” button to see the monster facing east. Again, it should be flashing. Keep doing this in the clockwise direction.
After you finished entering in the monster’s first animation sprites in clockwise direction, do the exact same thing with the second sprite animation also in the clockwise direction starting with the monster facing north (like I explained earlier). Also do this for the third sprite animations.
Once done, click the “Save Item” button and you should see the monster walking smoothly in every direction. Save the .dat file by clicking File > Save As.

4) Adding Corpses:
Click the “New Item” button which should take you to a new, blank item canvass. Add in the monster dimensions of 2 and 2, and change the “Cropped Size” to 64 (because it’s a 2x2 sqm corpse) and leave the rest of the Sprite Information as is. For the fresh (first) corpse (which appears once the monster dies) click the “Container”, “Corpse”, “Immoble”, “Bottemlayer” options. These are the four attributes a fresh corpse must have. Click the “Save Item” button and 3 more 0’s will appear in the sprite number list. Enter in the corpse sprite numbers in the same way we did for the monster.
clipimage007fd4.jpg

After this, we will have to make the item’s first corpse decay. So create another new item, and change the dimensions to 2 and 2 with a cropped size of 64, and in the attributes section only select the “Container” option. Next, save the item and enter in the sprite numbers.
Lastly, we will have to make the monster’s skeleton. Make another new item, and set the dimensions to 2 and 2 with a cropped size of 64. Save the monster and add in its 4 sprite numbers. If you would like your monster to still have its loot stored in the skeleton (like a minotaur in real Tibia), select the “Container” option. If not, then leave as is, and save the .dat file (File > Save As), then replace the existing Tibia.dat file in the Tibia folder with this one.

5) Decay the Corpses (7.81):
This is how you put the decay options in for 7.81. For any 7.9x client you will have to edit the items.xml file and add in the decayto commands. For this tutorial I will walk you through the 7.81 way of doing things. So start off by opening your OtItemEditor.
Open your Items.otb file (File > Load Otb). Next go to Tools > Create Missing Client Items. It should say you have a few new items that were created. They should be located at the end of the “Container” section.
Find the items, and rename them. I renamed mine to dead zombie, dead zombie and zombie skeleton. For each of these you will have to edit the “DecayTo” and “DecayTime” boxes. In the “DecayTo” box you will have to enter in the rotted corpse id number. For example, my fresh corpse will decay to a rotted corpse with an id of 1659:
clipimage008wf1.jpg

So I enter in 1659 in the “DecayTo” box for the fresh corpse:
clipimage009zk4.jpg

Next, enter in the “DecayTime” (length in seconds), I set mine to 10. Do the same for the rotted corpse.
For the skeleton, leave as is:
clipimage010gl9.jpg

Save the items.otb file (File > Save As), and export the item names (Tools > Export XML Names). Open your Data > Items folder in your Ots, and replace the old items.otb with the new one, and move the itemnamesexport.xml into this folder as well. Delete the old items.xml and rename itemnamesexport.xml to items.xml.

6) Making the XMLs:
There are better tutorials on how to do this in the scripting sections, but I will start it off by explaining how to change the monster’s look.
Open the monsters.xml in your Ots “Monster” folder and add this in there (anywhere with the “<monsters> </monsters>” tags):
Code:
<monster name="Zombie" file="Zombie.xml" />
Type the monster name where I wrote Zombie, and the xml file name in the file=”” part. For the file name, I suggest calling it monstername.xml, where monstername is the monster’s in-game name (in my case its simply Zombie). Save and exit.
In your “Monsters” folder make a new file and name is Zombie.xml. Open it up in notepad and paste this in there:
Code:
	<?xml version="1.0"?>
<monster name="Zombie" level="45" maglevel="80" experience="460" pushable="0" armor="30" defense="30" canpushitems="1" staticattack="50" changetarget="200" speed="270">
	<health now="950" max="950"/>
	[COLOR="Blue"]<look type="232" head="20" body="30" legs="40" feet="50" corpse="3055" race="2"/>[/COLOR]
	<combat targetdistance="1" runonhealth="0"/>

<attacks>
	<attack type="distance" name="largerock" mindamage="80" maxdamage="500" cycleticks="3000" probability="90"/> 
	<attack type="instant" name="exura" cycleticks="5000" probability="80"/>
</attacks>

<defenses>
	<defense immunity="energy"/>
	<defense immunity="paralyze"/>
	<defense immunity="drunk"/>
</defenses>

<voices>
	<voice sentence="GROOOUUURRRR!"/>
	<voice sentence="AARRRHHHHG.. YOU WILL MINE!"/>
</voices>

<loot>
	<item id="2666" countmax="5" chance1="33333" chancemax="0"/>
	<item id="2111" countmax="6" chance1="10000" chancemax="0"/>
 	<item id="2444" chance="333"/>
 	<item id="2448" chance="10000"/>
	<item id="2688" countmax="4" chance1="2500" chancemax="0"/>
</loot>
</monster>
We will only be focusing on this part:
Code:
	<look type="[COLOR="Blue"]232[/COLOR]" head="20" body="30" legs="40" feet="50" corpse="3055" race="2"/>
Leave everything as is. The only thing to change is the looktype. It is generally a 3 digit number that can be found in your DatEditor:
clipimage011pa3.jpg

That’s it for adding the monsters. If you want to understand more about XMLs and spells I suggest looking for other tutorials in the scripting or tutorial sections.

One's an item tut the other is a monster tut. If admin finds this one useless then he/she can just close or delete it. I had people in other forums ask for a monster tut which is why I posted it here as well.

What do you mean by please clone one?

Blackdemons tools suck man.. Always crashing and fucking up your spr or dat file.

Back
Top Bottom