• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] come closer whit Rme editor! (whit screenshots)

Mummrik

Hey!
Solutions
Reaction score
In this tutorial are we going to learn more about Rme's Mapeditor
Where do you get Rme map editor?
link:http://remeresmapeditor.com/marklar.php

Part 1, Houses

Start to make a House ground
like this for example
tutorial1.bmp

When you have done a house you need to click on "Map" in the upper left corner and select "Edit Towns" (hotkey ctrl+T)
tutorial2.bmp

when you have selected "Edit Towns" this window will popup this is where you make towns for your server you can make as manny towns you want but you dont need more than 1 - 20 towns (rl tibia has 14 towns)
well just chose a name for you town i did chose "Name of my tutorial city" tempel position is where the player's will spawn if he dies for example
tutorial3.bmp

Tip: make an "town" on special places like poh on rl tibia so you can use the "/town command" ingame to teleport to that location (/town <townname>)

next thing is to go the House palette then you select your town you just created
tutorial4.bmp

Then you have to click on the "Add" button to make a house
then you select house titles and put them inside of your house and remember to put it on the exit door (shown on the pic red arrow)
then you press "select Exit" button remember to put it OUTSIDE the door
tutorial5.bmp

when you are done whit that you press the "edit" button next to the add house button this is here you select the name of your house also the rent if you want to have that you can set it to "0" if you dont want rent on the houses
tutorial6.bmp

That is how you make houses

Part 2, level doors

Start whit right clicking on the level door and select "properties"
tutorial7.bmp

this window will popup then in the action field will you put in 1001 - 1999 or even higher (1999 = level 999+ can enter, 1001 = level 1+ can enter) i did put in 1050 that means level 50+ can enter this door
tutorial8.bmp

Part 3, Quest doors

Start to make as you did on the level doors, right click on the door then select "properties"
note: This door is the door whit the red handle
tutorial9.bmp

Then a window will popup in the action id field you will put in a storage id that means the player that is going to enter this door need that storage id you can simple get it from step on a coded title or by an npc that is coded to give you a storage id
i did not put in any storage id since it can be what ever you want
tutorial10.bmp

Part 4, Quest chests
Start to right click on the chest and then select "properties"
tutorial11.bmp

Then this window will popup set the action it to "2000" it most be 2000 else it wont work, in the unique id field you put an id will be the id that stores in your database to let the server know that the player have done the quest or not.
tutorial12.bmp

Then on the black spot you right click and select "add item"
tutorial13.bmp

then this window will popup select any item you want and then the quest is done Note: you can add more items in same chests to make the player get more items from same chests
tutorial14.bmp

If you want items inside a bag, backpack or any other container then you select an container as quest reward, and then you right click on the bag and "edit item"
tutorial15.bmp

then a other window will popup (whats in side the bag) just ignore action id and unique id fields and right click on a black spot and select "add item" and then add the items you want to be inside the bag
tutorial16.bmp

This is what im showing you now i will add more stuffs to this tutorial later on.

Last edited:
I didn't find it so useful.

Maybe make a tutorial with some tips for CITY..?

Maby a part for how to set up your chest quests... (Newest system)

well i was about to do that but i do not rly understand the new quest system so it have to wait :p (i have not come to quests on my ot project yet)

but you put in 2000 on action id then the item id in the uid field right?
Edit: nvm i did find out how to make it

I didn't find it so useful.

Maybe make a tutorial with some tips for CITY..?

what do you mean ?
like tempel teleport (change city), depot for each city etc?

Edit2: i did add quest to the tutorial check first post

Last edited:
Is this all I have to do to make a quest chest to work, or should I also add a .lua file in the action/scripts section?

Since I have done it exactly as you said, but when I want to open it, nothing happens.

Sincerely,
UppOchNer!

Is this all I have to do to make a quest chest to work, or should I also add a .lua file in the action/scripts section?

Since I have done it exactly as you said, but when I want to open it, nothing happens.

Sincerely,
UppOchNer!

in all the new TFS versions it does work 0.3+ and that system does have a block for GMs so you can not make the quest if you are a GM or god test it whit an regular player and it should work

Back