• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] How to run a fresh 7.7 Cipsoft Server

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm gonna share here my experience trying to run a fresh and "clean" server based on the Cipsoft 7.7 leaked files.

First of all, what is the goal of this tutorial?
I'm installing a server for my family and some friends who are old players of Tibia. We had a 7.4 Nostalrius engine based server but we want to play on the real thing and the only way to do that is to use the Cipsoft leaked files. But we don`t want to play on 2006 Zanera server, we want a fresh new server to play and get fun.
I think it's possible to do that and I wanted to share my advances here on otland, most of the people here were so nice with me that I wanted to add my little contribution with something useful.
I know some of the tips I'm going to share are obvious for some people, but there are a lot of users like me that will appreciate it.

First things first
First of all you need to get those great files and make it work. I had some problems but I was able to solve all of them.
Original files were released on this post: [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/)
But you will need some more things to get the server to work...
There is a post with an excellent tutorial from @Crevasse here: Tutorial for running 7.7 CipSoft Server on Ubuntu (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-for-running-7-7-cipsoft-server-on-ubuntu.274678/)
And to make things easier, the great tutorial from @SilverFern here: Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/)

Once you have a working server and you are able to login the server is on a frozen state from 2006:
imagen2.jpg

All the houses are as they were on 2006. Plenty of objects, decoration. The owners are the original 2006 owners and some chars are on their beds.
We need to clean all of that, reset the accounts and chars, clean the map....

1. Cleaning the map and house owners
In your game directory there is a folder named originalmap, wich contains the clean map sectors. I replaced the files on the map folder with those files.
Then you need to erase all the info on the owners.dat file on dat folder to reset the owners of the houses.
When you start the server and login the map will be clean and houses will be reseted:
imagen3.jpg
I have to research a lot more about how the server handles those things but it works as intended for now.

2. Script to create new chars
You can use the great script by @SilverFern posted on: Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/post-2720688)

To do list:
  • Add clean database schema sql
  • Add script to make new chars (x)
  • Add a simple working website to manage accounts

Tips for newbies:

What specs do I need to host this server?

Here is one example of my own LAN server with the server online, it can be the minimum requirements:
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.60GHz
RAM: 4GB
S.O.: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Screenshot:
servermemory.jpg
With 8-10 users it doesn´t lag. If you want to go online and handle more players you will need at least double RAM and better processor.
For the experience you can use a virtual machine under your own PC with virtualbox with 2 vcores and at least 2GB RAM (Here depends on the ubuntu version you use, for a server distro it's OK with 2GB, for a desktop version I suggest at least 4GB)

Change user levels
You can change user level on your database to change a normal player and transform to GM, God or tutor.​
Head to users table and change userlevel to this possible levels (it will change all account players to that status):​
  • 0 = player
  • 1 = premium
  • 50 = Tutor
  • 100 = Gamemaster
  • 255 = God
GM Commands
Once you have GM or God status you can use their commands:
Lua:
Get Item - alevo para para
Get Item - alevo para
Move - alani para
Get Experience - alevo cogni para
Change Data - aleta para
Get Skill Experience - alevo cogni para para
Teleport to Friend - alani sio para
Retrieve Friend - alliber sio para
Summon Wild Creature - alevo res para
Banish Account - analiber para para para
Get Position - aliva tera
Temple Teleport - omani para
Delete Account - omana gran liber para para
Set Namerule - omamo para
Create Gold - alevo vis para
Change Profession or Sex - aleta vita para
Entry in Criminal Record - omisa para para
Namelock - omana hora para
Kick Player - omana para
Delete Character - omana gran res para para
Banish IP Address - omana vis para para
Banish Character - omana res para para para
Get Quest Value - aliva cogni para
Set Quest Value - aleta cogni para para
Desintegrate Spell - alito tera
Levitate Gamemaster - alani hur para
Clear Quest Values - alana cogni
Kill All Creatures - alito mas res
Start Monsterraid - alevo mas res para
Para means parameter, as in omani "player name

alani sio [name] Teleports the gamemaster character to the player [name]
alani [mark] Teleports the gamemaster character to a certain point on the map called [mark]
alani [speed] Sets the walking strength of the gamemaster character to [speed]. Valid values are "fast", "fastest", "slow", "normal"
alani hur [direction] Works just like the spell "Levitate" for gamemaster characters. Valid values for the parameter [direction] are "up" and "down".
alito tera Disintegrates all movable objects in front of your gamemaster character

Fast travel when you are a Gamemaster
alani [mark] is a very useful comand to go to far places on map, but you need to know what are those marks. They are located inside a file named map.dat on dat folder:
imagen5.jpg
Example if you type:
Code:
alani Hills
it will transport you to that coordinates:
image4.jpg

I will update the tutorial as I get new things to work. You can add your thoughs down below to make this post can be useful for more people.

Last edited:
Hey, cool to see! :)
Here you have the accounts: [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/page-43#post-2537448)

I'll have to see if I still got all the house owners and so on, i'll update if i find them in the thread mentioned above :)

Edit: houses and owners - [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/page-49#post-2637522)
Remember to change the epoch in order to avoid automatically evictions!

Hey, cool to see! :)
Here you have the accounts: [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/page-43#post-2537448)

I'll have to see if I still got all the house owners and so on, i'll update if i find them in the thread mentioned above :)

Edit: houses and owners - [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/page-49#post-2637522)
Remember to change the epoch in order to avoid automatically evictions!
Nice to have all this great stuff here in one place!

Last edited:
Thanks for the citation.

An important note: after 24 hours, this forum won't let you edit your original post anymore, so keep that in mind. Let's just say I learned that the hard way lol

For char creation, you could also add the link to the Gesior account maker, as that seems to be the most common way people create accounts nowadays.

Good luck

Thanks for the citation.

An important note: after 24 hours, this forum won't let you edit your original post anymore, so keep that in mind. Let's just say I learned that the hard way lol

For char creation, you could also add the link to the Gesior account maker, as that seems to be the most common way people create accounts nowadays.

Good luck
I'm stuck testing that Gesior version. I can't install it with the PHP version that I installed on Ubuntu 22.04. I need more time to check.

Act.:
Gesior2012/realots acc. maker with ubuntu 22.04 and latest php instalation cannot install because of an error on the step2
The error.log on /var/log/apache2 is this:
"PHP Fatal error: Declaration of database::query($statement) must be compatible with PDO::query(string $query, ?int $fetchmode = null, mixed ..$fetchModeArgs): PDOStatement|false"
related to line 194 of the classes/database.php file

If anyone can give some light I will thank you.

Last edited:
In your game directory there is a folder named originalmap, wich contains the clean map sectors. I replaced the files on the map folder with those files.
cool where is game directory
ok it's in folder "computer/home/game"
how do i get permissions?

ok ok got it from crevasse's guide
to get permissions type: sudo chmod -R 777 /home/game

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to make guilds work? I am using the SQL schema from SilverFern's tutorial. I have added everything to the relevant tables (I think), but it still doesn't work.

Edit: Never mind, it was an error in the query manager. Apparently "rank" is a protected name in SQL, so change that to something like "guild_rank" before you compile and it will work.

Last edited:
Yes, it works. You have to check the way Cipsoft created this map to avoid broke things but it's up to you to make changes.
So, you're telling me that it's possible to add new areas using that map editor? Why are then not people using this server as ground and building from it instead of actually trying to mimic all the formulas and behavior which has proven to be hard since there is no current server that has the correct ones, at least not all

So, you're telling me that it's possible to add new areas using that map editor? Why are then not people using this server as ground and building from it instead of actually trying to mimic all the formulas and behavior which has proven to be hard since there is no current server that has the correct ones, at least not all
There is nothing publicly available... but you can edit RME sources to work with it.

Hello guys, does anyone know if its possible to log on my server using a OtClient?

I am already able to play on my server using the modified 7.7 client, but I would like to use the OtClient features while playing, however when I set my ip (the same one I have used on my modified 7.7 client) and try to join my server using the OtClient it does not connect.

I'm gonna share here my experience trying to run a fresh and "clean" server based on the Cipsoft 7.7 leaked files.

First of all, what is the goal of this tutorial?
I'm installing a server for my family and some friends who are old players of Tibia. We had a 7.4 Nostalrius engine based server but we want to play on the real thing and the only way to do that is to use the Cipsoft leaked files. But we don`t want to play on 2006 Zanera server, we want a fresh new server to play and get fun.
I think it's possible to do that and I wanted to share my advances here on otland, most of the people here were so nice with me that I wanted to add my little contribution with something useful.
I know some of the tips I'm going to share are obvious for some people, but there are a lot of users like me that will appreciate it.

First things first
First of all you need to get those great files and make it work. I had some problems but I was able to solve all of them.
Original files were released on this post: [7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/)
But you will need some more things to get the server to work...
There is a post with an excellent tutorial from @Crevasse here: Tutorial for running 7.7 CipSoft Server on Ubuntu (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-for-running-7-7-cipsoft-server-on-ubuntu.274678/)
And to make things easier, the great tutorial from @SilverFern here: Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/)

Once you have a working server and you are able to login the server is on a frozen state from 2006:
View attachment 75725

All the houses are as they were on 2006. Plenty of objects, decoration. The owners are the original 2006 owners and some chars are on their beds.
We need to clean all of that, reset the accounts and chars, clean the map....

Then you need to erase all the info on the owners.dat file on dat folder to reset the owners of the houses.
When you start the server and login the map will be clean and houses will be reseted:
View attachment 75726
I have to research a lot more about how the server handles those things but it works as intended for now.

2. Script to create new chars
You can use the great script by @SilverFern posted on: Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/post-2720688)

To do list:
  • Add clean database schema sql
  • Add script to make new chars (x)
  • Add a simple working website to manage accounts

Tips for newbies:

What specs do I need to host this server?

Here is one example of my own LAN server with the server online, it can be the minimum requirements:
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5300 2.60GHz
RAM: 4GB
S.O.: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Screenshot:
View attachment 75731
With 8-10 users it doesn´t lag. If you want to go online and handle more players you will need at least double RAM and better processor.
For the experience you can use a virtual machine under your own PC with virtualbox with 2 vcores and at least 2GB RAM (Here depends on the ubuntu version you use, for a server distro it's OK with 2GB, for a desktop version I suggest at least 4GB)

Change user levels
You can change user level on your database to change a normal player and transform to GM, God or tutor.​
Head to users table and change userlevel to this possible levels (it will change all account players to that status):​
  • 0 = player
  • 1 = premium
  • 50 = Tutor
  • 100 = Gamemaster
  • 255 = God
GM Commands
Once you have GM or God status you can use their commands:
Lua:
Get Item - alevo para para
Get Item - alevo para
Move - alani para
Get Experience - alevo cogni para
Change Data - aleta para
Get Skill Experience - alevo cogni para para
Teleport to Friend - alani sio para
Retrieve Friend - alliber sio para
Summon Wild Creature - alevo res para
Banish Account - analiber para para para
Get Position - aliva tera
Temple Teleport - omani para
Delete Account - omana gran liber para para
Set Namerule - omamo para
Create Gold - alevo vis para
Change Profession or Sex - aleta vita para
Entry in Criminal Record - omisa para para
Namelock - omana hora para
Kick Player - omana para
Delete Character - omana gran res para para
Banish IP Address - omana vis para para
Banish Character - omana res para para para
Get Quest Value - aliva cogni para
Set Quest Value - aleta cogni para para
Desintegrate Spell - alito tera
Levitate Gamemaster - alani hur para
Clear Quest Values - alana cogni
Kill All Creatures - alito mas res
Start Monsterraid - alevo mas res para
Para means parameter, as in omani "player name

alani sio [name] Teleports the gamemaster character to the player [name]
alani [mark] Teleports the gamemaster character to a certain point on the map called [mark]
alani [speed] Sets the walking strength of the gamemaster character to [speed]. Valid values are "fast", "fastest", "slow", "normal"
alani hur [direction] Works just like the spell "Levitate" for gamemaster characters. Valid values for the parameter [direction] are "up" and "down".
alito tera Disintegrates all movable objects in front of your gamemaster character

Fast travel when you are a Gamemaster
alani [mark] is a very useful comand to go to far places on map, but you need to know what are those marks. They are located inside a file named map.dat on dat folder:
View attachment 75727
Example if you type:
Code:
alani Hills
it will transport you to that coordinates:
View attachment 75728

I will update the tutorial as I get new things to work. You can add your thoughs down below to make this post can be useful for more people. I often look for similar training material and such useful guides. I know how difficult it can be to structure your thoughts in writing so competently and to do it in an interesting and high-quality manner. And recently I discovered that I can compose similar texts, but difficulties arose significantly when I had to write a certain coursework or essay. It just didn't allow me to focus on the things that really mattered. So, I can only recommend to try this out and contacting them here and I believe that they will definitely help you, just like they helped me. I regularly turn to them when I need help.
Thanks for the tutorial!

Back