• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] XML Basics

The Shadow

Reaction score
Okay well first of all I have been studying up on my scripting lately for a number of reasons , but that is not important. I am going to teach you basic fundamentals of XML Scripting.

First, you have to understand what XML is, XML is a coding language. All that XML is/does is a storage type of code used to transfer and store a script/code

Now i will show you some examples, then afterwards i will explain it.

Code:
<to>John</to>
      <from>Pablo</from>
      <heading>Monday,March 24,2008. 123 Fake Street</heading>
      <body> Hello John, I am writing this letter to you so you can understand XML Codes and Scripts.</body>
       <Closing>Thanks for reading</Closing>
       <signature>Pablo</signature>

Okay so all this is, is a simple letter written in plain XML text instead of normal text without tags.

To start a peice of code you need to use <> ....this is a tag a tag starts a peice of code...in xml the author creates his/her own tags. To end a peice of code, instead of <> its </inserttaghere> with the forward slash.

So basically this is it all you need to do is just begin small with easy things such as letters and other small things. Remember that the author creates his or her own custom tags so there is no need to get worryd bout what tag you are going to use :) Gradually work your way up from letters to something bigger like...maybe an account script for tibia, then just keep working your way up and you should hopefully learn as you go along.

I am glad that i could provide the basic fundamentals of xml coding for you and i hope you enjoyed my tutorial and learned from it.

If you liked it enough give me some rep :p
Thanks for reading, The Shadow

No, fail, XML is a markup language.

Oh, also, you forgot attributes, comments and much more..

Back