• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Twitter combined with OtServList?

Chris

Inactive
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
What would you, personally, feel about a site where you could post short notes about the development/status of your server? But also being able to promote the IP, online status and players online of your server while doing so?

Some of you may think, why would we want to open a new site? When we could simply put the notes on our own website. Well, imagine if you are starting a brand new project and really wouldn't want to struggle with a web server until necessary - TwittOT would be the perfect solution to keep your followers updated, now wouldn't it?

There are still a lot of thought to be put into this idea, however before doing so I would like to see the demand of it.

A preview of how it could look like (I am in no way an expert when it comes to designing templates, but I would like to keep it simple):
icon2.gif
http://i48.tinypic.com/ojh1r6.png
So PLEASE let me know what your honest thoughts about this are!

Yours truly,
Chris.

I can make something like that for the news section of the vapus otlist.

Appreciate the responses so far, waiting for a few more to come.

I don't really see any reason to have so many new otlists. I'll probable just drop working on mine, since people like the idea of this one better.

Good luck.:)

There is absolutely no reason for you to shut down your otservlist, or why we couldn't work together for that matter.

If you want to, you can come join as a dev on it. The system vapus is using is coded in Python, and the webserver only work on Linux and FreeBSD. But I can put up a development server where you can use FTP to do changes (changes automaticly reloads in debug mode so).

I don't really know about so many more features to make into the list, so any idea full company are most welcome.

Well, just my suggestion.

I'm currently hunting Pharaohs at Tibia, could you please send me your MSN (if you have one, that is) through private message?

twitter is for faggots

Arrogant as always kid....

@Thread:

Looks very promising, specially for big servers can be used for more unserious news etc not only updates this way you can keep the players motivated and at the same time have better relation with em ^^...

Twitter is a mini blog where you are not allowed to post anything above 140 (?) characters per blog entry. So yeah, it is like updating your facebook status - at least pretty much.

Back