• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

@Ubuntu 8.10 Users

Dark Warrior

Reaction score
Idk if you noticed already but a lot of persons are having several problem with this, Atm i can't compile TFS for some error wich i didn't have when i had 8.4 the error is about fread on fileloader.cpp plus the internet speed is killing me i only can get 1.1mb when i'm suppose to have 10mb I tested it on windows and i had the speed i suppose to have,I already tried with
Code:
sudo ifconfig eth0 mtu 100Mb/s
(Posted on ubuntuforum) And still the same problem :(
So i want to ask you if you have some information about this problems any fix or something or i have to downgrade to 8.4 (Hope no)....

P.S. Idk if this the right place to post...

Edit: here the status of >ifconfig -a<, If some1 need it...
Code:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1a:4d:9e:e8:41  
          inet addr:--.---.---.---  Bcast:--.---.---.---  Mask:--.---.---.---
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:576  Metric:1
          RX packets:593152 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:344408 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:149597283 (149.5 MB)  TX bytes:49642321 (49.6 MB)
          Interrupt:254 Base address:0x4000
p.s. only the ethernet..

Last edited:
I've also got the information about some problem with fread return value, though, compiler is ignoring it.
Thats weird, since at Debian Lenny/Squeeze I can compile without any warning...

I've also got the information about some problem with fread return value, though, compiler is ignoring it.
Thats weird, since at Debian Lenny/Squeeze I can compile without any warning...

Thanks for the info, Ill wait a bit more and see if they have plans to fix it and maybe if they wont fix it ill change to another os like freebsd or install ubuntu 8.4 again P.S. if you got any notice about that please PM me i am desperate xD and i really wont use windows again ]'=

Back