• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Underground] How to make RPG looking caves!

Did this Tutorial help you?

• Total voters

Neon

Legendary OT User
Reaction score
Welcome to my 4th Tutorial here on OTLand!
In this Tutorial I'm going to show you guys that needs this, how to make a good looking RPG Cave.
I'm Using Remere' MapEditor 1.1.3.

Lets Start!

First, make the Earth around the cave, as I think you already know. But I usually (just to make it fast) Hold down Shift and Drag with the Mouse.
Then just make the shape, the way you want it.

Example:
2uruwic.png

OK, now you have the shape, lets go into the details shall we?

First thing to think about when making RPG-Style, is to not use to MUCH details!
I usually first add some underground wall details, located in:

Doodad Palette/Nature
Example:
2dr7253.png

Then I go with the stones and some stalagmites, and maybe some mushrooms, depends on what cave you are making.

Example:
16lcldf.png

OK, you are done! Great!

And! If you would have made Showoff style, would've been something like this!

Example:
2n8xa95.png

Yes, showoff is really nice too, but i prefer RPG.

Hope this Tutorial helped anyone out there!

Rep++ if this tutorial helped you, please.

Kind Regards,
Neon

well excuse me sir Neon ..i'm sure you're one of the best mappers ever but i believe that the last pic you have there is abit more detailed .. and that makes it like Wierd somehow .. or what do you think :s?

well excuse me sir Neon ..i'm sure you're one of the best mappers ever but i believe that the last pic you have there is abit more detailed .. and that makes it like Wierd somehow .. or what do you think :s?

Yeah, that picture is to show how Showoff really looks like.

Ahahaha!
A Mapping school XD Good one Rocky ^^

You could gave us the most important and usefull ids which were used in this tutorial but its only detail.

Anyway, good work.

Edit:

Mapping School? It's good. For now, the only one mapping school (which i know) is working on polish mapping website.

Last edited:
Back