• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[US] [7.4] Nostalther - A Real, Retro Experience | GLOBAL + CUSTOM

Server Website/AAC
https://www.nostalther.com
Server Address
nostalther.com
Server Port
Client Protocol
seriously man we are tired of more of the same why people cant come up with quality content nowdays? we need a serious custom project

seriously man we are tired of more of the same why people cant come up with quality content nowdays? we need a serious custom project

Whilst I do agree with you that custom is way better way to go, I also see why people don't bother with custom projects so much.
Think about it, people spend so long building custom maps etc only for them to launch it and be disheartened by the amount of players who just dont want to learn a new map/server. I've seen some cool custom projects launch in my time and they are actually really good but they just cant lure players in. Then i see a real map server downloaded from here and online within a week that achieves triple the amount of players the custom project did.

The point I'm trying to make is server owners are now going with real map projects purely because it brings in the players even though it may not be the type of server they want to host, it's sad but true unfortunately.

Whilst I do agree with you that custom is way better way to go, I also see why people don't bother with custom projects so much.
Think about it, people spend so long building custom maps etc only for them to launch it and be disheartened by the amount of players who just dont want to learn a new map/server. I've seen some cool custom projects launch in my time and they are actually really good but they just cant lure players in. Then i see a real map server downloaded from here and online within a week that achieves triple the amount of players the custom project did.

The point I'm trying to make is server owners are now going with real map projects purely because it brings in the players even though it may not be the type of server they want to host, it's sad but true unfortunately.

that's really sad man if things keep going like this open tibia will die in 3-5 years :/

that's really sad man if things keep going like this open tibia will die in 3-5 years :/

That's what they said years ago, and yet here we are, still playing. Fact is the biggest playerbase prefer realmaps with higher rates, and it'll continue like that for years to come.

Thats what people have been saying about Tibia for the last 15 years.

I'm working on this particular Nostalrius project alone. I'd like to keep it a classic retro experiance, IE 7.72, but with newer content, such as the things I've already added like POI, Demon Oak, Inquisition etc.

I'm still around and doing bits and pieces on the server as well.

I like the idea of 8/9/10+ Tibia content in 7.x. Mostly for the retro feel.

Also considering open a hardcore server with more serious rates, like 1x and keeping it a permenant server too

The dungeons deep below Banuta are far more dangerous than the above ground portion of the city. Rumor has it that Hydras, Serpent Spawns, Medusae, and other deadly creatures dwell deep below the city, for those brave enough to seek them out.
deeperbanuta1.png

There is a secret tunnel from Tiquanda to access Deeper
deeperbanuta2.png

Last edited:
The arena has three different difficulty levels, each one with a set of prizes to choose from, and you have to pay an entrance fee to Halvar before you can fight

Greenhorn: easy level, the entrance fee is 1,000 gp
Scrapper: medium level, the entrance fee is 5,000 gp
Warlord: hard level, the entrance fee is 10,000 gp

arena1.png

You can fight every difficulty level as many times you want, but you only can get the prize once per difficulty level

arena2.png

After you win all ten battles, you will be teleported to the prize rooms when you enter the west teleporter of the last pit. Go north, and go into the prize room for the difficulty level you fought where you can get a trophy and choose one of five prizes. The exit is south of the prize rooms.

arena3.png

Some Dwarven Raiders have camped themselves there after fleeing from the stressful life of Kazordoon, in the hope of starting a new population on the humble island of Cormaya.

The Formorgar Mines are an old and abandoned mine complex located below the great Cormaya Dwarf Cave

The cultists in the Formorgar Mines are said to be trying to revive the frozen demons in there to conjure the mighty archdemon. They are melting the ice in his name.

You can get there with Captain Haba. Captain Haba can be found in the port of Edron.
seaserpentarea4.png

The Sea Serpent Area is split into two locations.

seaserpentarea1.png

seaserpentarea2.png

seaserpentarea3.png

Mintwallin is the Minotaur city hidden below the Ancient Temple just north west of the Thais north gate. Before they invaded it, this city was called Kormarak and inhabited by humans.

Demons once occupied the area south of the city but were eventually driven out. The demons have now returned to continue their fight!

This custom spawn was inspired by an early Tibia spawn before Edron was introduced.

Client Update Retrograde!
This updates brings us further back in time with the adoption of early v7.x sprites. Experience the retro feel of Nostalther!
nostalgia.gif

Rates Reworks
With this major update, the world exp rates, regeneration rates, many hunts/spawn areas have been re-adjusted. These move aim to bring some longevity back to the playing experience

To compensate for existing players and to avoid a full reset, players total experience has also been adjusted to fit the new experience stages (No items, houses, ect have been affected.).

All existing accounts will also be credited with store points.

rates.png

regen.png

NEW QUEST
Along with this update is the introduction of a new quest, THE ANNIHILATOR 2!!

Who will be able to survive what miseries lie beyond the lever and collect the legendary riches beyond?
annihilatortwo1.png

The concept of "Despawn Range" does not exist. Monsters lured away from their spawn will not "poof" or try to run back to their spawn, instead they will chase you for ever and new monsters will respawn.

img

As a result, monsters may "Overspawn." Be careful of traps and tight spawns.

img

haven't you saw that you are just copying updates? wouldn't be easier to pick an 12.x otserbr or 10.x and manipulate fewer mechanism ? i mean dude....
what are you doing, isn't an smart move at all ..
Post automatically merged:

What do you mean?
tibia users left cipsoft by the way that they used to handle things.. and you are doing nothing else that just copy 8.6 10.x version adding that content to an 7.x pack :/. haven't you seen that tons of otservers has made that before?
add okolnir, liberty , yalahar to an old content pack :/ and none of those copy patches were succesfull
PS: ALSO is that hard to remove and replace the mountains borders? i mean brah even a newbie would change that visual trash. you have all the tools and yet you have a trash copy paste trash ot, i mean dude.. the worst thing is that you have been behaving like an admin / or and super smart kiddo, trying to help but with nothing else that nonsense trash. PLUS when you post a comment on support thread , trying " to help somebody else " you stand in there just saying things that are nothing else but embarrassment garbabe.
sorry if i sound rude but man, pull of the shiver from your eyes.

The concept of "Despawn Range" does not exist. Monsters lured away from their spawn will not "poof" or try to run back to their spawn, instead they will chase you for ever and new monsters will respawn.

img

IN ONE PICTURE I CAN SEE GRAPHICS FROM 7.3 7.4 and 7.6 . it's looks like a frankenStein ot XD NONSENSE GRAPHICS​

You can get there with Captain Haba. Captain Haba can be found in the port of Edron.
seaserpentarea4.png

The Sea Serpent Area is split into two locations.

seaserpentarea1.png

seaserpentarea2.png

seaserpentarea3.png
i mean wtf

Captain Bluebear in Thais is now offering passage to the Forbidden Island of Goroma!

goroma2.png

goroma1.gif
wtf man :/ ctrl c + v

Monsters didn't have a cooldown on anything, just the 1 interval
are you serious? or just trash talking ?

I know nothing about the tibiantis project, what I do know is that going down steps and getting headshot by spells in .1 seconds is not right. The monster can auto attack + throw a spell in the second you go down to check. That is death for ANY MS/ED.

i know it's a possibility but that is not the way the monsters used to behave in fact i used to play tibia 7.0 - 7.4 the monsters were fucking dump and slow
are you sure or you have heard that and you are replying like parakeet? have you test it?

in fact they never existed they weren't wand or rods they were nothing else than decorations
and haven't at all the same name nor function , plus those sprites were never replaced with the newers wand or rods :/ hilarious
vortex,snakebit , dragonbreath blabla wands
were simply newer items
i'm tyrone,
aweonao.png

Last edited:
haven't you saw that you are just copying updates? wouldn't be easier to pick an 12.x otserbr or 10.x and manipulate fewer mechanism ? i mean dude....
what are you doing, isn't an smart move at all ..
That's because it's a 7.7 server, keeping those mechanics, but with newer content. I'm well aware of this, because I stated it myself.

tibia users left cipsoft by the way that they used to handle things.. and you are doing nothing else that just copy 8.6 10.x version adding that content to an 7.x pack :/. haven't you seen that tons of otservers has made that before?
add okolnir, liberty , yalahar to an old content pack :/ and none of those copy patches were succesfull
PS: ALSO is that hard to remove and replace the mountains borders? i mean brah even a newbie would change that visual trash. you have all the tools and yet you have a trash copy paste trash ot, i mean dude.. the worst thing is that you have been behaving like an admin / or and super smart kiddo, trying to help but with nothing else that nonsense trash. PLUS when you post a comment on support thread , trying " to help somebody else " you stand in there just saying things that are nothing else but embarrassment garbabe.

If you don't like the content of "okolnir, liberty , yalahar" ect, go play a Custom and/or 12.x server. 🤷‍♂️ Why does my project make you so angry?

I help out around on the forums, why is that a bad thing? I'm a hobbiest programmer and happy to help those who wand help. If you're looking for a hand out, it won't be from me.

You're a 2 week old user attacking me for helping others in the community? Why?

What borders? the rocks, etc? You mean the ones I didn't intend to remove? 🤷‍♀️

You made more complains about the content being copy/aste - Ill skip those. Because yes, it's Retrograde content and RL map. The difference is the client and mechanics. This is a "retro" experience server.

are you serious? or just trash talking ?

i know it's a possibility but that is not the way the monsters used to behave in fact i used to play tibia 7.0 - 7.4 the monsters were fucking dump and slow
are you sure or you have heard that and you are replying like parakeet? have you test it?

About monster spell interval? Serious.

7.x mechanics on monsters was a 1s cooldown for spells at range, 2s cooldown if they are in melee range and all spells use 1 cooldown. IE they can case multiple spells at the same time.

]
in fact they never existed they weren't wand or rods they were nothing else than decorations
and haven't at all the same name nor function , plus those sprites were never replaced with the newers wand or rods :/ hilarious
vortex,snakebit , dragonbreath blabla wands
were simply newer item

The old wands where ABSOLUTELY in the game. They were decorative items.

I've added Wands into my server, using these sprites, but act as attack wands for sorcerer and druid.

Idk who Tyrone is, but thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:
Further to Pittyalv's feedback, future updates I will try to focus adding some new content and features, such as outfits, quests, raids, new areas, events, etc instead. :)

Anyone like to play on Rook? Got houses on rook, but I need some friends there ;)