• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • If you're using Gesior 2012 or MyAAC, please review this thread for information about a serious security vulnerability and a fix.

[USA] [Custom / 9.10] Rookgaard Tales

Server Website/AAC
https://rookgaardtales.com/
Server Address
rookgaardtales.com
Server Port
Client Protocol

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Francisco Fonseca, some of you may remember me or have heard about Rookgaard Tales. Today I'd like to introduce to OTLand Community my open tibia server! I've re-arranged Tibia for 13 years by now into a compact version server with all the features of real tibia, including custom ones. An unique main player city: Rookgaard. The develop story of this server began in 2007 when I was a teen, I never planned to have my server game online but due pandemic game has gone online since 21 June 2020. We are an stable server without resets or any major troubles.

The game it's hard dificulty and has nothing what the average Open Tibia Player is used to, so if you are a new Tibia player or casual Tibia player you probably won't like it. I dare to say it may even be harder than most of servers that claim to be hard nowdays. The game is full of mysteries and secrets, so I target old school retro players. We are a small but friendly community, and I'd like to invite you to be part of us. We have an efficient, trustful and respectful Gamemaster who takes care of the community.

The game has all real Tibia features with a lot of new custom features such as god summons, quests, raids, tasks, crafting, mining, custom items and many new systems. The world map is huge, most of the cool stuff is underground and if you want to take the challenge further you can travel into the "Dark World" an alternate diabolic world full of overwhelming creatures. You can also travel to other real tibia map zones such as Thais, Mintwallin, Isle of Kings and more surprises. Every creature in game has been buffed a little to make the game more challenging. The rates of experience and loot are x1 but if you are a good explorer you can find areas with custom creatures to rush your character experience and be ready for action real soon!

I've really put my heart into this project, with a lot of feedback from my players the server has grown slowly but surely, we now have the newest sprites from real tibia, including outfits, mounts, and items. Each one can be unlocked by doing quests.

The game has a Pay to Win Shop, yeah I know it sucks. But this was how project has survived, and surprisely I got a lot of support from my players. I cannot thank enough those players who gave their contributions since the beggining. BUT now, you can earn shop points by doing quests and hunting tasks. So it's totally optional to pay for your shop products. The game is %100 Free to Play.

What can I say? I know all the hard work all these years is not in vain, our game is designed to give you many hours of fun and long term life of your character. I promise you will have lots of fun in my world, and if you are a Cipsoft's Rookgaard player I know you will love it. The server is full RPG, we even have our own game lore, I hope you can take the time to read it.

Create Your Account

Game Lore

Quickstart Guide

Follow our Facebook page

Discord Server

1.jpg

8.png

Videos:

Thank You!

Last edited:

Jaed Le Raep

★Gaeming★
Reaction score
I've had nothing but love for the owner of this server for over a decade. Stellar reputation, brilliant mind, and a beautiful heart. Anything that's attached with Paco deserves real attention.

OP
OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
I've had nothing but love for the owner of this server for over a decade. Stellar reputation, brilliant mind, and a beautiful heart. Anything that's attached with Paco deserves real attention.
Thank You so much! You know I love you too! Sounds crazy but it's been a long time already, huh? Don't time fly? Hope to see you in game!

Laylee

Reaction score
I played your server for months and It was quite enjoyable experience. However due lack of time and my responsabilities I wasn't able to keep going with the adventure. I saw now you may use android client to play so I may join soon!
I have no words to describe this server, it has a special charm, something we don't see much nowdays. I know all the love and passion you put into this project won't be in vain. You truly deserve more atenton for this project.
I still hold a copy of the server files demo you released years back. Any plans into releasing full version someday with the Dark World?

Blessings
Laylee

Phoenix AO

Reaction score
Was interested in starting for a hobby server seeing "We won't reset we are long term and value you"

However then while registering your account the ToS state "b)Your account and characters will be DELETED after a certain period of inactivity. It doesn't matter if you used our shop services."

Also I'm all for a shop and donations to keep the project running but "260 USD for 1 single item for the best ones". Let alone the number of other times you'll swap gear and do things xD

I understand you can play in game and obtain a lot of things but let's be honest with ourselves on this shop....It's pretty predatory feeling.

What a shame I was super excited to start trying to explore mysteries. But not with this type of vibes.

I hope you'll reconsider pricing in the very near future. Best of luck with the project and no ill will from me. Just not my cup of tea and I couldn't make it past the website with the conflicting things you have being stated there sorry.

OP
OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
Was interested in starting for a hobby server seeing "We won't reset we are long term and value you"

However then while registering your account the ToS state "b)Your account and characters will be DELETED after a certain period of inactivity. It doesn't matter if you used our shop services."

Also I'm all for a shop and donations to keep the project running but "260 USD for 1 single item for the best ones". Let alone the number of other times you'll swap gear and do things xD

I understand you can play in game and obtain a lot of things but let's be honest with ourselves on this shop....It's pretty predatory feeling.

What a shame I was super excited to start trying to explore mysteries. But not with this type of vibes.

I hope you'll reconsider pricing in the very near future. Best of luck with the project and no ill will from me. Just not my cup of tea and I couldn't make it past the website with the conflicting things you have being stated there sorry.
Due character trade I had to implement the deletion of non used accounts. People started to sell accounts to toxic players who tried to destroy our small community. However this only does apply after one year of inactivity. I never had any problem with any customer. We are active in Discord and WhatsApp Groups and we encorage to log in at least once in a while to all our loyal players.

The shop will have even more items! I am evil Mwahaha!! - Nah! Relax! Everything is obtainable in quests in game. Also if u are the grind type you can make hunting tasks to gain shop points as reward. Some quests give shop points too. Also some bosses drop shop points.

Shop points in game are represented as a Tibia Coin icon. They are stackable and part of the game.

If you like the project and want to help us for more years online you can buy Shop Points with real money. However this is not necessary to play or obtain any item, outfit or mount. Everything can be obtained in quests in game. It's your choice to support the server.

I am working in new content. I will keep you guys updated. Hope you can give a try to our server!

Last edited:

Methxs

Solutions
Reaction score
It is a good server, but you should change the design of your page, make it more attractive, more current

Phoenix AO

Reaction score
Due character trade I had to implement the deletion of non used accounts. People started to sell accounts to toxic players who tried to destroy our small community. However this only does apply after one year of inactivity. I never had any problem with any customer. We are active in Discord and WhatsApp Groups and we encorage to log in at least once in a while to all our loyal players.

The shop will have even more items! I am evil Mwahaha!! - Nah! Relax! Everything is obtainable in quests in game. Also if u are the grind type you can make hunting tasks to gain shop points as reward. Some quests give shop points too. Also some bosses drop shop points.

Shop points in game are represented as a Tibia Coin icon. They are stackable and part of the game.

If you like the project and want to help us for more years online you can buy Shop Points with real money. However this is not necessary to play or obtain any item, outfit or mount. Everything can be obtained in quests in game. It's your choice to support the server.

I am working in new content. I will keep you guys updated. Hope you can give a try to our server!
Yeah I mean your prices are pretty unappealing and just because it can be farmed in game doesn't justify it. The deletion thing is still silly you can delete them for RMT but shouldn't be deleting other accounts just because you think they're inactive. You advertise a long term no reset server. Which I guess is true since you're only resetting their accounts..... (Kind of a grey area and a bit misleading imo.)

Either way you want 260 USD (actually more than this ) for some of the best items in the shop. That's laughable. It's not a matter of you want to stay online I'd have gladly spent 260 USD last night after logging in for a few minutes to make a more fun start/long term adventure, since I am on limited play time. (Something I commonly do on servers is look at the shop prior to starting and explore the web page.) Your webpage layout and ridiculous prices chased me off for now.

Take the feedback for what it is if you want or don't. Either way I still hope you consider changing some of the prices to be more affordable and realistic in the future. Best of luck I look forward to maybe trying it when I have more free time and it better suits me. But for now it is what it is not for me with how you have it set up and the website layout makes me question investing time into it.

Thanks for your reply as well. You do seem like an engaged Admin and such which is why I took the time to write the feedback. <3

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
Yeah I mean your prices are pretty unappealing and just because it can be farmed in game doesn't justify it. The deletion thing is still silly you can delete them for RMT but shouldn't be deleting other accounts just because you think they're inactive. You advertise a long term no reset server. Which I guess is true since you're only resetting their accounts..... (Kind of a grey area and a bit misleading imo.)

Either way you want 260 USD (actually more than this ) for some of the best items in the shop. That's laughable. It's not a matter of you want to stay online I'd have gladly spent 260 USD last night after logging in for a few minutes to make a more fun start/long term adventure, since I am on limited play time. (Something I commonly do on servers is look at the shop prior to starting and explore the web page.) Your webpage layout and ridiculous prices chased me off for now.

Take the feedback for what it is if you want or don't. Either way I still hope you consider changing some of the prices to be more affordable and realistic in the future. Best of luck I look forward to maybe trying it when I have more free time and it better suits me. But for now it is what it is not for me with how you have it set up and the website layout makes me question investing time into it.

Thanks for your reply as well. You do seem like an engaged Admin and such which is why I took the time to write the feedback. <3
High prices are to "lock" the items from players so the quests and adventure can have value. Each quest is done with much patience and personality, detail, secrets, mysteries. It would be pointless to make a super cool hard quest and make players buy cool items for cheap. It would devalue totally the adventure. This way players are "forced" to play the crazy quest I create. And create a super hype when someone gets a great item. Also players can trade items/points for real life money among them!

I promise I will use a nice custom layout and give an indentity for my webpage. You are totally right and I appreciate the feedback. It's just I've been busy with real life. I will keep deleting players who abandon the server, but next time with diferent conditions, like only players under level 50 or so. I have now a gamemaster who helps me to control the player behaivor so there is no need anymore for extreme measures. I appreciate the feedback, thank you very much!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
I played your server for months and It was quite enjoyable experience. However due lack of time and my responsabilities I wasn't able to keep going with the adventure. I saw now you may use android client to play so I may join soon!
I have no words to describe this server, it has a special charm, something we don't see much nowdays. I know all the love and passion you put into this project won't be in vain. You truly deserve more atenton for this project.
I still hold a copy of the server files demo you released years back. Any plans into releasing full version someday with the Dark World?

Blessings
Laylee

I think your character may be deleted due inactivity. Just PM when u want to play. I can restore it. And yep that's what I said eventually I know I will get recognition from the community. Thank for for the good feedback hope to see you on soon.

It is a good server, but you should change the design of your page, make it more attractive, more current
Thank You for the feedback I will look up for some nice layouts here and change it! We need a different identity.

MiguelBrazil

Reaction score
I played with some friends for a long time and every now and then I show up there to help test new content, Paco is a very nice person and attentive to his players, I recommend him.

Phoenix AO

Reaction score
It's been a few weeks playing on and off and it's quite a hard server for some things but hard in a good way. It brings back a lot of mysteries of stuff and Paco has been very attentive to updating some things or hearing out counter arguments on why a system or feature doesn't feel great. He puts effort into trying to figure out some ways to make it more ideal or feasible.

Recent change that showcases this: If you don't want to wait until the King visits the island on Monday for a cheaper promotion of 20k gold you can now use Seymour on the island for 40k gold. He's not the king after all so you have to pay the processing fees xD
Aldo visits on Tuesday and Friday but maybe you need your boots of warwalking fixed before then. So now you can farm in game or obtain gems from the NPC to enchant and fix your boots with the energy from them instead of waiting for "Aldo to visit".

It's been a while since I enjoyed goofing around on a server with this many random things to figure out yourself. Soon I hear a wiki is coming and some low-level starter guides as well. The community has been very kind and friendly.

It's a great RPG server where a small team of friends would have fun and flourish greatly together.

OP
OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks playing on and off and it's quite a hard server for some things but hard in a good way. It brings back a lot of mysteries of stuff and Paco has been very attentive to updating some things or hearing out counter arguments on why a system or feature doesn't feel great. He puts effort into trying to figure out some ways to make it more ideal or feasible.

Recent change that showcases this: If you don't want to wait until the King visits the island on Monday for a cheaper promotion of 20k gold you can now use Seymour on the island for 40k gold. He's not the king after all so you have to pay the processing fees xD
Aldo visits on Tuesday and Friday but maybe you need your boots of warwalking fixed before then. So now you can farm in game or obtain gems from the NPC to enchant and fix your boots with the energy from them instead of waiting for "Aldo to visit".

It's been a while since I enjoyed goofing around on a server with this many random things to figure out yourself. Soon I hear a wiki is coming and some low-level starter guides as well. The community has been very kind and friendly.

It's a great RPG server where a small team of friends would have fun and flourish greatly together.
Thank You so much for the good feedback!

Kernaut

Reaction score
I personally did not play, I love Rookgaard, but I prefer older Tibia clients. After all, I respect and admire the work you put into the development of the server. Good luck!

OP
OP
Paco

Paco

Premium User
Reaction score
Happy to see many new players online everyday! I am creating a website quick start guide for those who feel confused of where to go/quests/areas!
For now you can check our new quickstart guide at our website here: Rookgaard Tales (https://rookgaardtales.com/quickstart.php)
Come join the fun! :D

1647665169287.png

Attachments

• 1647665169287.png
    1647665169287.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 11 · VirusTotal
Last edited: