• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Utevo Lux

SorketROrk

Solutions
Reaction score
Torch and spells like utevo lux was a big deal for me when I first started playing Tibia, it gave me a feeling of adventure and the need to grow stronger..

I rarely come across servers that use this as one of the main things, is it because people can bot or change settings to avoid the shadows and the darkness? Having full light kills these vibes..

Would you play a server that if possible, would have this idea about ingame lighting in mind?

/SRO

Last edited:
mmmm for me is pretty annoying, always end up figuring a way to get light and i'm sure that many players does the same, altough what you are saying is true, that it gives a "feeling" but oftenly may end up being annoying. that's my opinion.

mmmm for me is pretty annoying, always end up figuring a way to get light and i'm sure that many players does the same, altough what you are saying is true, that it gives a "feeling" but oftenly may end up being annoying. that's my opinion.
I get you, I did the same and believe people don't care, but that is mostly because players want to rush content and without or with limited lightning makes it harder.

Game is not the same anymore as soon as you start to remove things like lightning/animations/sound and since the game has no sound one should strive to keep the remaining aspects.

One could also say that it gets annoying without light, but too easy with full light on.. so where is the balance? If you could onehit everything you see, it would be too easy and the game becomes boring, but if it's too dark and you can barely play then it's too hard🤨

I think the game looks beautiful when there are some shadows and a dark cave for example, you see your spells in another way as it lights everything up, it's amazing🙂

I modified the client for my current project to not allow more than 15% ambient lighting, i really want 0% but i have to accept that forcing that on my players isn't a good idea.
of course they can always enable full light with the bot anyway, but with 15% ambient max most players will probably not use the bot lighting but it still allows me to be creative with lighting

the benefit of this is that it forces me to also consider lighting on the map instead of assuming everyone is full ambient light and not caring about it which makes the game look horrible if anyone chooses to turn ambient lighting off.

I modified the client for my current project to not allow more than 15% ambient lighting, i really want 0% but i have to accept that forcing that on my players isn't a good idea.
of course they can always enable full light with the bot anyway, but with 15% ambient max most players will probably not use the bot lighting but it still allows me to be creative with lighting

the benefit of this is that it forces me to also consider lighting on the map instead of assuming everyone is full ambient light and not caring about it which makes the game look horrible if anyone chooses to turn ambient lighting off.
You really want 0% and I get your point that it would be forcing players in a bad way, but what exactly would happen if you had 0% where items like torch or spells like utevo lux is a must?

Maybe 15% is good enough? :eek:

You really want 0% and I get your point that it would be forcing players in a bad way, but what exactly would happen if you had 0% where items like torch or spells like utevo lux is a must?

Maybe 15% is good enough? :eek:
I actually really love the idea of 0% without being able to see anything further than 1sqm nad having to use spells or torches etc to get through the wilderness or caves. I fondly remember when i first played tibia and torches were essential! loved it.

And yes 15% is a very nice compromise for everyone, i didn't get any complaints when i tested it a while back. It lets you see but also lets lights be impactful.

If you're using otclient, can encrypt the client files and can include some kind of custom protocol to ensure only your client can connect - you can run 0% ambient light without much worry of people using light hacks etc. That is what I've done for Dura-Online - nobody has complained (to my face at least) about not being able to see...so far at least!

1625251104610.png

I get you, I did the same and believe people don't care, but that is mostly because players want to rush content and without or with limited lightning makes it harder.

Game is not the same anymore as soon as you start to remove things like lightning/animations/sound and since the game has no sound one should strive to keep the remaining aspects.

One could also say that it gets annoying without light, but too easy with full light on.. so where is the balance? If you could onehit everything you see, it would be too easy and the game becomes boring, but if it's too dark and you can barely play then it's too hard🤨

I think the game looks beautiful when there are some shadows and a dark cave for example, you see your spells in another way as it lights everything up, it's amazing🙂
yeah, but i'm not here to refute anything , i just told you my opinion. if you know what you want to do, just do it.
Post automatically merged:

If you're using otclient, can encrypt the client files and can include some kind of custom protocol to ensure only your client can connect - you can run 0% ambient light without much worry of people using light hacks etc. That is what I've done for Dura-Online - nobody has complained (to my face at least) about not being able to see...so far at least!

View attachment 60021
you know that you can get light simply editing the spr dat files, right? the server isn't cheking it.

you know that you can get light simply editing the spr dat files, right? the server isn't cheking it.

The client can check if the user is running original files and control if client light matches the server light on floors above ground. If not, it can send a packet to the server to schedule a delayed ban (so the cheat devs won't write the undetectable code that easily).

So is it possible to have a server with low light settings and also prevent players from having bot that destroys this?

So is it possible to have a server with low light settings and also prevent players from having bot that destroys this?
Yes it's possible and very easy with otcv8. Modify the client and remove the bot, configure auto-updater, encrpyt and done. Then tell the server to not allow anyone using a different client.

This gets you 99.9% there, only the 0.1% will be able to enable full light.

Even on my server with 15% ambient max and a bot built in than can max it, most players still chose not to go further than the 15% limit using the bot.

The easiest way to fix this would be to simply code the server to take visibility in mind, and only send tile and NPC data for things the player should be seeing considering their current light level.

No bot, cheat or hack in the world can fix the server not sending you data you should not be aware of.

Torch and spells like utevo lux was a big deal for me when I first started playing Tibia, it gave me a feeling of adventure and the need to grow stronger..

I rarely come across servers that use this as one of the main things, is it because people can bot or change settings to avoid the shadows and the darkness? Having full light kills these vibes..

Would you play a server that if possible, would have this idea about ingame lighting in mind?

/SRO
its really hard to play ots with low light man

Back