• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[v1.0] Auto Backup Utility

wovaki

Programmer
Reaction score
I have played alot of servers that have shutdown because something happened (power failure, computer failure) and their Database got corrupted and all the players left because they did not want to start over.

With my program, you can set it to automatically make backups of your servers Database at set intervals. You choose the file and the place to save it and hit start, minimize it to the tray and let your server run. This program can even be used to backup other files as well!

I also recommend you manually backup the file you are going to use this program on before you use it. This is just to prevent your files from becoming corrupt or damaged if something happens. If you are going to use it on your servers DataBase: Right-click the file, click copy, then paste it somewhere else just to be safe. You should do this everytime to protect your files.

Program:
Auto Backup Utility (ABU) v1.0

Code:
[URL="www.freewebs.com/wovaki"]Website[/URL]
[URL="www.freewebs.com/wovaki/forums.htm"]Support Forums[/URL]

Version 1.0 Features:
  • Backup file at set interval.
  • Minimizes to tray for more taskbar space.

Screenshots:

Code:
[U]Disclaimer[/U]:
Use of this software is at your own risk.

Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]To make sure you are getting a safe,clean, and the newest version, please only download from Mirrors provided by me.[/COLOR]
This program is archived in a WinRAR SFX (Self-Extracting Drive), which acts as an installer.
[COLOR="Red"]Note: VirusTotal will say that this program is a virus, it is a false positive! 
The scanner thinks that WinRAR's SFX drive is a virus. If you don't believe me look at my RPG Thread.[/COLOR]

Download

//Please leave some comments! :D

Sorry just thought it would be useful
EDIT: Removed link

Last edited:
Or you can shut up..
He is helping people, I haven't seen any usefull things said by you to help others out.

Or you can shut up..
He is helping people, I haven't seen any usefull things said by you to help others out.

o_O thanks for backing me up.

Well, just giving another auto backup, no need to flame me.

Ninkobi, this is pretty much a learning experience for me. Mostly all the programs I made are for the purpose of learning. I release them here to see how I can improve on them and to maybe help people out.

My program probably does not compare to any programs on download.com but I would really appreciate it if you didn't post links to other programs in my thread.

Thanks

o_O thanks for backing me up.

Ninkobi, this is pretty much a learning experience for me. Mostly all the programs I made are for the purpose of learning. I release them here to see how I can improve on them and to maybe help people out.

My program probably does not compare to any programs on download.com but I would really appreciate it if you didn't post links to other programs in my thread.

Thanks

Well your a better programmer than me anyway :thumbup:
Removed the link for it.

@Topic

Finally i found application to make backup... its small, easy in use... wovaki, great work! :)

Hahh, looks awesome x) I guess my server needs it. (They just faced a 28 day rollback at their houses and are pissd off on me) :p

Because I forgot to take backup of the database :]

Sorry it took me so long to respond...I was gone for the weekend.

which file set to backup xD? i wanna backup my database file ;/

Under "File to backup" click the button that says "..." then find your servers database inside your server folder, click the "..." button next to "Output Directory" and choose where you want it to save.

Rep++++ cool work keep it up

I'm working on a new version that will allow you to backup the WHOLE server folder. Meaning scripts, monsters, spells, and everything (also for people with xml servers :rolleyes:)

Hahh, looks awesome x) I guess my server needs it. (They just faced a 28 day rollback at their houses and are pissd off on me) :p

Because I forgot to take backup of the database :]

^^ Thats the reason I thought of this program, from lots of good servers that faced that sort of problem.

Thanks for the good replies!
Wovaki

Back