• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Valoria MMO

I'm only asking about spells because I don't know how to use mana. I don't have it in my backpack or anywhere in the menu that says I can use mana to burn it in any way.

"I want to create a tutorial is quite difficult referring to time, Im coding a Zombie Event where players joins and must survive to Zombies, the last survivor would win some valoria coins, items, gold. The reward is not clarified yet but thats my current work state."

How are you supposed to encourage people to play when you don't know what's going on from the very beginning, and people will leave because they don't know how to play, even though I know Tibia by heart, so I don't know how to start using mana, or see where an NPC is on the minimap, so that a new player can easily understand the game.

I'm only asking about spells because I don't know how to use mana. I don't have it in my backpack or anywhere in the menu that says I can use mana to burn it in any way.

"I want to create a tutorial is quite difficult referring to time, Im coding a Zombie Event where players joins and must survive to Zombies, the last survivor would win some valoria coins, items, gold. The reward is not clarified yet but thats my current work state."

How are you supposed to encourage people to play when you don't know what's going on from the very beginning, and people will leave because they don't know how to play, even though I know Tibia by heart, so I don't know how to start using mana, or see where an NPC is on the minimap, so that a new player can easily understand the game.
To unlock spells, you must increase your magic level, for example, utani hur is for magic level 4 in tibia, so you need to increase your magic level.
The million question: how?
On the right side of the screen you will see 12 slots emptys, just hold a click or your finger for 1s, and a submenu will appear.
Without stop click, just drag your mouse or finger to desired spell or item(potion or rune)
Then you click the slot to use the spell.

I know is a bit complex, need somehow to make it easier.

About where to go, I think is part of mystery, thats how you start knowing stuffs in tibia, just remember your init days, untill a day that you start a new character and you go directly to X area to kill Y monster with Z equipment using the factor mode fight(attack,balance,defense).

This is the essence of Tibia that now is missed in most common mmorpg games, the difficulty by the player experience :D

Edit 1:
I am aware that times now are quite different from before, but... is that really good? Almost for me, what encouraged me to play tibia was its own difficulty untill you learn something, and yes, this is my reason for Valoria MMO.

Yeah but it doesnt force anyone to pay, so i think its not p2w, its pay to progress
I just love how shit terms are created over time to justify getting money by companies and later people act like clowns repeating same thing. Pay to progress is pay to win anyway

I just love how shit terms are created over time to justify getting money by companies and later people act like clowns repeating same thing. Pay to progress is pay to win anyway
Well, i think thats outside of the main topyc, you already mentioned it, we have different ways to see something.
If you consider it, and you are fine with it, im good :)

ok so the game is pay to win or whatever you want call it.
A work of 5 years must be free because someone wants to enjoy a game with everything given throught the game, ok that correct somehow.
But, if the server has a price... how to maintain it?
Please go get a job xddddddddd
As its been said before, the game gives you the chance to progress, of course, you will pay it with your time.
This is like to buy a car without cash and you finance it to make it cheaper, but you pay it with life time.

ok so the game is pay to win or whatever you want call it.
A work of 5 years must be free because someone wants to enjoy a game with everything given throught the game, ok that correct somehow.
But, if the server has a price... how to maintain it?
Please go get a job xddddddddd
As its been said before, the game gives you the chance to progress, of course, you will pay it with your time.
This is like to buy a car without cash and you finance it to make it cheaper, but you pay it with life time.
Ye but tibia which is making like for 25years is way cheapper...
I do have job.

I could say that game is in alpha? Just out of the city are mummies - WOW? Windows client isnt playable.
That project is A GREATE future game but now ? Im shocked if any1 will pay that prices.

Ye but tibia which is making like for 25years is way cheapper...
I do have job.

I could say that game is in alpha? Just out of the city are mummies - WOW? Windows client isnt playable.
That project is A GREATE future game but now ? Im shocked if any1 will pay that prices.
You dont know how my prices works to send a comment like that.
No, the game is not in alpha.
Why is unplayable?

Chat open via mouse click?
Stupid drop Item system
Movement speed ?

Anyway i donated u 5€ for keep going
Ok so i want to clarify something now that i have your feedback.
the game is quite based for android devices, thats why i dont have still a custom windows/linux chat system.
the same thing for drop system(i guess you refer to inventory), i have added a input box, still i have lack of experience to do a scrollbar.
movement speed must be reworked, i dont know why nodejs has a cap server max limit speed set to 10, if thats not the case, you might refer to a "jumpback" this one happens when your client runs faster than server side, when your client sends an input the server process it, if the action seems faster on client than server, it push you back 1sqm... Yes quite annoying, this happens on mobile version and its under review.

About your donation, thank you very much, i really appreciatte it.
Note that every usd collected goes directly to art, refactoring, get better vps or whatever is needed for the game.

Also and no less important, thank you for your feedback, with your reply i have added those 3 stuff to trello task list, so in future will be covered.
<3

Well it is quite sad to see such an attitude from a developer. You present rather condescending and stubborn attitude. Try to be more open minded to constructive criticism.
Not sure why you won't admit it is p2w when it clearly is but instead try to find some mind loopholes to justify your way.
All games are pay to win, but the game offers you the slow way, items throught the game and skill with monsters.
What you are saying here is also complete nonsense as not all games are pay to win and even if many are it is still not a proper justification. It is like saying "many ppl throw trash on the beach so it is okay to do it" this is twisted logic because it is not fine and you can simply do better.
You offer BIS items for 3 slots which is quite much for a low rate 4/5 difficulty project. There are other less impacting and less intrusive way of monetization some of which you already included...

5 years of development is also a rather dubious argument because it doesn't represent anything. We don't know if that was continuous work or anything of that sort. Maybe someone else would be able to achieve same progress within a year? In which case that is on you not on us and end user shouldn't be responsible to compensate and pay for that extended time.

That being said it still looks like a neat project and as it was said in this thread this is what TibiaME should've looked liked but I still think it would be worth rethinking some of the monetization choices - especially bis items.

Back