• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[VIDEOTUTORIAL] How to fix fmt::v10::format_error and static_assert failed on TFS 1.5 (8.6 downgraded by Nekiro)

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi everyone! I've been asked a lot on how to fix fmt::v10::format_error and static_assert failed for every fork based on TFS 1.5 downgrades 8.6. In the same way I did on this tutorial I simply recorded a fix service for @visceraL (unfortunately he doesn't have otland account) to share it and help people compiling their own servers. So, here we go:

For this tutorial we're going to use the following @Sarah Wesker commit

The tutorial also have an extra tip of how to fix missing libraries, in this case we can't include filesystem.hpp because there's no such file or directory. To fix this we used "show potential fixes" and run the following command line in GitBash.
Code:
./vcpkg install boost-filesystem:x64-windows

Thanks for watching, and please subscribe to YouTube (will help me a LOT)
Regards!

At minute 2:50 we go to Sarah's repository. Instead of using that fix, I suggest to use the one that has been officially merged to theforgottenserver, that is this one Add extra & pedantic warnings and fix the code by ranisalt · Pull Request #4491 · otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/4491/files), both will work anyways :)

Took reference from:

Regards!

I followed the whole step by step, but in addition to continuing with the c2338 error, now 2 more have appeared, heeeeelp!!!

Attachments

I followed the whole step by step, but in addition to continuing with the c2338 error, now 2 more have appeared, heeeeelp!!!
You just need to switch back this commit Drop boost::filesystem in favor of std::filesystem (#3990) · otland/forgottenserver@4b800b2 (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/4b800b20558f24344c5024fb3cb9a4974ebad90e)
And return to old boost-filesystem.hpp. Here's a video troubleshooting the error with @Sanjao, tell me how it goes

Regards!

Back