• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS -- Questions

Reaction score
Hey, due to the fact that I really know absolutely nothing about the details of hosting, I have a few questions.

Firstly does Linux Apache MySQL PHP Developer VPS | myhosting.com meet the requirements to allow me to host an otserv on it, ignoring the ram, bandwith, cpu at this point.

Also, just for a reference say a 20mb map.
*What would an appropriate processor speed be? -- does this vary on the amount of players? -- how does this affect the ots performance?
*Approx how much ram per player? -- ram/100 players
*Approx bandwidth per player?
*How much hard drive space is necessary? -- does this really matter assuming I have enough space for the files?

I really appreciate any information on this. Thanks a lot.

Ok, I have 6 servers.
One of them has 344 players and it takes like ~600 mb ram
18 mb map.
Once uptime reaches 120 hours , it gets up to 1 gigs.
Guess that's all you need to know. Just have a decent processor and you'll be fine.

I guess 1.13 ghz won't fulfil your needs.

About 16kbit/player. Depending on scripts it's from 0.2mb to about 1MB per player. 1GB HDD is enough. CPU is also depending on scripts. But I think you can do fine with 1.13ghz.

Back