• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS Tutorial?

LoLaye

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello there guys,

this is the first time i'll buy VPS so im asking if there is any tutorial on how to setup etcetc... if not , could you give me a fast tutorial please?

Yours,

Lolaye

i'll recommend you to use one from vpsland.com , they are pretty nice.
You'll get a remote acess control in 0-24 hs by mail, you go to start-> all programs -> accessories -> remote desktop conection and type in thenumber they gave you. There you go! You have access to your "virtual" pc, now just download xampp (if you need phpmyadmin and mysql), and setup the ot just like you do on your pc. If helped, rep+, if any doubts, post a reply.

nop, if you are using mysql save your database and then upload it to a public web like megaupload or speedyshare, and download it from your vps pc, if you are using sqlite just do the same with the .s3db file

how do i save my db?, also always when i try to make a acc i get this

Password should contain both lower case and upper case letters.

Go to DB, you'r DB, press export, make sure all tables are targeted then press go and save it to dekstop.

it will end with .sql, don't mind it

Then import it again to new database.

If you want to make a backup:
phpMyAdmin -> Select your database -> Export, check Save as file

and where do you get that error?

because you need a password with capital and lower letters, ex: if you want your passowrd to be: password then you should make it PasswoRd or passworD, with a capital letter on it...

okay, i did it now i go to a site and it stands like this

Root Password * Use my account password
* I will enter new password
* type
*retype

what should i write? my root password or the vps's root pass?

Okay i've done everything , i got the acc now , now what how do i get to the desktop.. i mean how do i setup my server in the VPS?

they'll send you an email with all the details of your dedicated server. one of those will be the remote desktop number, which you'll add to: start-> all programs -> accessories -> remote desktop conection and type in thenumber they gave you. Then you'll get into like a normal pc, you just setup your server from there as i explained you before.

aff i got many mails but i cant find the one with the remote desktop conection i mean i got their emails but idk where they putted that number

Back