• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wanderer 2D - c++ game project

nasu

Reaction score
welcome!
I have been thinking for a long time about presenting my project to people. I've been programming this game for a few years but I keep taking long breaks and unfortunately the game looks like I've been developing it for a week hehe. The project was created while learning C++ and the SDL graphics library.

This is a description of the plot, which was born in my head while drinking beer:
The player's task is to collect repair items and start the spaceship engine... I can't think of anything better.

What I already have:
  • loading a map from a txt file
  • You can attack monsters
  • inventory window
  • simple, small map editor

Unfortunately I didn't manage to implement pathfinding for monsters so they move in random directions. All graphical elements I created myself except for people and monsters graphics.

I am making the source code of this game available if anyone wants to read it out of curiosity, but I warn you it is spaghetti code badly organised.
github: GitHub - KrwawyOrk/Wanderer-2D: Wanderer 2D is a simple RPG project written in C++ as a learning experience. The game uses SDL 1 graphics library and takes place in underground laboratories. The player has to start the engine of a spaceship. (https://github.com/KrwawyOrk/Wanderer-2D)

Short gameplay video:

I would also like to add that at the time I started making this game, game engines like Unity and Unreal were not popular, and I don't think Unity even existed. Back then Ogre3D and Irrlicht 3D were used, but those tools were too complicated for my C++ knowledge.

Boy67

Solutions
Reaction score
Awesome job dude. For a weeks amount of work, you've covered a lot of features!

Let me know if you need help with pathfinding, although I'm sure you're capable of doing it yourself.

OP
OP
nasu

nasu

Reaction score
Thanks, it's a shame that through lack of time and motivation this game is still not finished. Unfortunately when you're fucking working nights in a warehouse it's hard to get down to programming during the day.