• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Website development

SamX

VoltageOT Developer
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for someone experienced with website development. I need some recommendations on what software to start with for a future business endeavor. I want the following features:
  • Easy to add new content
  • Easy to SEO
  • Ability to add a marketplace in the future
A little about the website (please note I am not indicating the specific genre of the website - for privacy reasons)
  • Will have reviews of each product
  • Will have a list of where one can buy these products locally
  • Will generally have information regarding the product
  • In the future, a marketplace to buy things related to the product (most likely via drop shipping)
I'm really looking for a content management system that will help me easily do all these things. If someone could give me a few ideas. I was looking at wordpress, however it seems more suited towards blogs and not what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

Your best bet is to use a light CMS and add those features yourself.

There are CMS with shops like PrestaShop or OpenCart even Magento but I am not sure about how you can easily add new content =)

Your best bet is to use a light CMS and add those features yourself.

There are CMS with shops like PrestaShop or OpenCart even Magento but I am not sure about how you can easily add new content =)
what cms do you recommend, im interested in that information :rolleyes:

If you are looking for an e-commerce solution there are a few open sources out there.

In PHP you got:
  1. Magento (advanced and powerful)
  2. WooCommerce (easier to use)
  3. Open Cart
  4. The list could be longer
If you are thinking about a small e-commerce store then I'd suggest you use WooCommerce, because it is easy. It is also based on Wordpress. But you must consider the security, i.e always keep updated.

I'm really looking for a content management system that will help me easily do all these things. If someone could give me a few ideas. I was looking at wordpress, however it seems more suited towards blogs and not what I'm trying to do.
This was long ago. Today wordpress is great for easy management & configuration of almost any kind of website

Back