• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AAC website separate

LoOoZa

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to separatethe website from the game server because i counter a lot of attacks on the website which make my game server down.
So what should i do?
I have a host server ready to make it for website only.

Any help how can i do this?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I want to separatethe website from the game server because i counter a lot of attacks on the website which make my game server down.
So what should i do?
I have a host server ready to make it for website only.

Any help how can i do this?
Hey, you have several options, here are a few:

First option:
Separate database, web and the game server itself, having 3 possible instances. For this case you must take into account that the "services" must know each other, that is, web and server must be able to call the database, usually flags are added in the database to allow external connection from X ips.

Second option:
Separate database and web in one instance and server in another, in this case the web is able to access the database from localhost but the server is not, so you will have to enable external connection for the internal IP of the server where the game is hosted.

Third option:
Add a Rate Limit so that only massive queries are allowed from the server but not from the web page, you could limit both game and web or only one of them at a time, that will depend on how you want to manage it.

Hey, you have several options, here are a few:

First option:
Separate database, web and the game server itself, having 3 possible instances. For this case you must take into account that the "services" must know each other, that is, web and server must be able to call the database, usually flags are added in the database to allow external connection from X ips.

Second option:
Separate database and web in one instance and server in another, in this case the web is able to access the database from localhost but the server is not, so you will have to enable external connection for the internal IP of the server where the game is hosted.

Third option:
Add a Rate Limit so that only massive queries are allowed from the server but not from the web page, you could limit both game and web or only one of them at a time, that will depend on how you want to manage it.
Well, I heared about option 1 and 2 but I am afraid because i heared that if I did that, I will face lag problems because the connection time between the game server and database.Also, can you explain more about the 3rd option?

Back