• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

websites coded in

IMac

entrepreneur
Reaction score
are websites coded in php or html? and also how hard to learn each?

Basically, HTML/XHTML, but most of us use PHP/TPL due to the needed variables to declare a lot of stuff in opentibia. (i.e. server status, database, etc...)

It is a lot harder to learn than it is to use google...

Learn CSS,HTML and then go to PHP I'd say.

Last edited:
The template language smarty use. Basicly you need PHP for it anyway.

You can also use Python, Ruby, C, C++, Java or .NET instead of PHP.

Still, for web development PHP would be the best, also Ruby on Rails is very good but you can't compare it with programming language.

Still, for web development PHP would be the best, also Ruby on Rails is very good but you can't compare it with programming language.

Not really. Google og Python etc is based on Python instead of PHP. And my close to pure Python webserver (Artic Tornado, powering vapus.net etc) is 4 times faster then the new implantation of vapus in PHP (0.4ms vs ~1.6ms)

Django is equal to Ruby on rails in my opinion.

Anyway, Python is also a usable in other things then just werb programming, today we even write emulators in that thing. Python is the script language used by nasa on space shuttles and in many satelitts. And script language for renders and games.

are websites coded in php or html? and also how hard to learn each?

Html and php are two different things. Html is a markup language which is used to present your data. Php is a programming language which take cares of the logic. You should learn (x)html and css to begin with. CSS is used to style your markup(the html).

Learn html and css here:

Beginner Tutorial - First Webpage

or here:

HTML Tutorial

Php is harder to learn than html and css together.
When you're getting pretty good with html/css you can try go for php :)

Back