• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What are all the different sports you can do in highschool for each season?

royalstar22

Reaction score
For example, cross country and golf are fall season sports, soccer and basketball are winter, track is spring. Idk about summer

What are different sports that you play in the seasons? I already do soccer and cross country, but I need spring and summer sports I can do :eek:

Cross Country, tennis, soccer, basketball, hockey, rugby are pretty much the main ones.

In high school, I only participated in water polo and swimming.

It all depends on where your school is located.

Also, depending on how serious your school is about certain sports, you're training for the sport all year long, and the season is just for meets.

Example, when I was in highschool, and say you were on the football team (american).

Lets just start with summer.

Even though you are out of school, there will be scheduled weight room times(mon, wens, fri) during the summer, and then there will be a training camp which will last for like 2 weeks, and it will focus more on running and skill specific/play aspects of the game.

Then you go back to school, and it's the "fall season"

You will have your last class period of the day be a "strength and conditioning" class, where you lift weights, and afterschool you will have practice. You'll alsohave weekly games during the fall season.

After fall, into winter, you will go back to having scheduled weightlifting, and be kinda pushed by your coaches to either do wrestling or basketball, not so much to be a wrestler or a basketball player, but to just stay in shape from training for those sports.

Spring, again weightlifting continues, and a push for you to join the track team. If you are a big guy (linemen/linebacker) they will try to convince you to do shotput, or one of the throwing events. If you're a smaller/faster guy (receiver/QB/rest of the team) they will probably want you to do one of the running events.

Lastly, and this is really depending on where you are located, and your coaches, you could have weightlifting and/or powerlifting meets during winter and spring seasons.
Sadly, most schools in America don't really have good STRENGTH and conditioning coaches (focus on the strength part), and don't really know much about lifting and such. I went to a school that did have a coach that competed in powerlifting. So he would set up powerlifting meets during the year, so us guys who were lifting all year long, felt like we had a goal or a competition to be in, and weren't just lifting weights all the time for "no reason". It was nice to have these meets set up, as it keeps people motivated to actually try hard in the gym, and stay focused, with no goal, most people lose focus.

This is just from my personal experience with highschool sports, I don't know what you are out to do, but if you want to be serious about it, set aside about 2-4 hours a day for basic training for yourself. Your focus for personal training should be flexibility, gaining strength, and keeping good conditioning (running). Being an athlete is far more important than being a sportsmen, people can be taught the skills to play sports, but you have to force yourself to have a good work ethic, and be physically superior than others.

Back