• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What do you think of this OT idea?

Chloe

Reaction score
If you want to ignore my small history that led to this post, then skip to after the banner/logo picture~

To begin with, I'm fairly new to the whole OTS thing, I started playing Tibia in Dec of 2008 and only about 1 month ago I got introduced to Open Tibia and was told to check this forum out. I was too shy to actually join in and kinda start talking, especially since (and, sorry, but I'm being honest here.) there are quite a lot of jerks here who need to get a life. But anyways, while cruising through the forum, I was really fond of the mapping section. I really liked the idea of mapping and even creating my own server so people can enjoy it (or not, depends on your taste). So yeah...I came here to, I guess, publicize my project-in-the-making and hopefully find someone who would like to join in and help, or just to get ideas/tips from all you awesome people. Well, some awesome ones anyways. ^^
Now that I'm basically finished telling my boring and pointless history, let's get down to the actual reason I made this thread for.

67909119.png

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lie the nation of Panem, a great and beautiful city called Capitol surrounded by 6 districts. The Capitol is harsh now when years before today, the seventh District rebelled against the Capitol. But alas, District 7 lost the war and was wiped clean from the map of Panem. And due to that incident, the Capitol created the Hunger Games in order to keep the districts in line. Every month, they are forced to send one boy and one girl from each district. They are chosen randomly on the day of the Reaping. They are then sent to the Capitol to be trained before being put in a large Arena. The rules are simple; kill or be killed.
The event can last for days, weeks even, but it all ends when there's only one person standing. That person is declared winner and is sent back to the district he/she came from, and is then showered with prizes for the whole district. That winner is also to be the mentor for the next tributes of his/her district.

Key Information Points:
- take note, when you die in this server, you really. do. die. That character will not exist anymore

- passing the district boundaries means almost certain death, for their are many predators

- all players from a district are put into a raffle and then randomly drawn out

- players, when in the Arena, cannot log out, forcing them to play the games, or just let themselves die if they do not wish to continue the games

- the winner of the Hunger Games is then sent back to his/her respective district and that district is then given a shower of items and the town is upgraded a little bit (each district basically starts off as a poor small town and its not clean and food and needs are expensive), making it look a bit nicer and prices of items from npcs lessen some. so the more a district wins, the closer it becomes to becoming a beautiful and rich town. also, the winning player will have a house constructed for them in the Victor section of their own district

- the winner is also made the mentor for the next tributes of their district. the mentor is responsible for training the tributes and giving them tips and ideas for help so they can survive the Hunger Games. Also, the mentor is able to buy items for their respective district tributes, but take heed, these items, even as small as a piece of bread, are very expensive, so note to mentors; be smart with your sendings. the items the mentors buy are sent instantly to the player

- items bought for the tributes during the game go up in price depending on how many players are left

- other players who can afford it, can go to the capitol to watch the hunger games. in the capitol, there will be a betting room, which an admin will take in bets from other players on who will win the hunger games (yes, you are allowed to bet against your own district)

- There are some predators in the arena, so be weary

- If a player is hit for a lot of damage in one attack, the player becomes badly wounded and will bleed to death if the injury is not tended to

- food spoils. if a food item is not eaten within a period of time, it will rot and disappear

- there will be arena events that coax players to come together and fight and whatnot. exmaple: there will be an announcement that there is a feast in a certain area. as a tribute, it is your choice to go or not, for the feast will not be safe, obviously, if all the players go rush in

- outside of the arena, player killing is a crime. if you do kill a player,the capitol will pursue you and when/if they catch you, you are then taken to the capitol where you will permanently reside in as a slave, and they "cut off your tongues" so you are not able to speak again (aka, you will be permanently muted)

- although passing the boundaries of your district is not safe and is also a crime with mild punishment, bodies of certain animals can be sold to the butcher for money, or made into meat at a price if you yourself don't know the skill of butchering (this is one good way to make money)

- The arena in which the Hunger Games takes place, will change every week. There will be a total of 6 different arenas

-

Ideas I'm still thinking over:
- every player must stay hydrated. if you do not drink enough water, you will be dehydrated and die
- every player must stay filled. a player can die of starvation
-

Since I'm still developing this whole thing, many more ideas will pop out of my head, with the help of the books of course. but for now, I hope you like what you've read, and Please, do give me comments and ideas. Also tell me what you think of my ideas so far, what I could/should change, what I can improve, etc~
But remember, this is only the beginning.. :)

Last edited:
That sounds awesome! Finally some original content - there's no doubt I would play it.

Wow.. intense! so intense it will work :)
Hopefully you get this project off the ground would be a shame to see something with so much potential be trashed.

The Winning gladiator part where the winner of the fight can decide to spend money on his apprentice is such an amazing idea.

Anyway best of wishes and keep us update if this project takes off.

Thanks guys!! =D I honestly didn't think I'd get this much support on Day 1 haha, totally made my day!
But what do you guys think of the last 2 ideas that I'm thinking over? (the starvation and dehydration) should I use those 2? Or not?

About the dehydration in every District you could have a little stream or fountain that look's poor in the beginning but after wins and so on they can upgrade it? Just an idea, About the starvation haven't put much thought into that.

~Best Of Wishes~

Yeah, I had the same idea for the water hole or fountain in each district~ where as in the Arena, there will only be 1 or 2 water sources.

Edit to main post!!!
new main key point:
- The arena in which the Hunger Games takes place, will change every week. There will be a total of 6 different arenas

I have played alot of OTs, and have had my own fair share of OTs and I have never seen any tibia server exciting as this one, Very good job!
*Thumbs up*

I agree with HeyThereDelilah, and I think the starvation and overall idea is genius ;)

Dying then never being able to play again kind of sucks.
Honestly, there should be some kind of reincarnation power. I wouldn't want to work so hard for something then die on accident or whatever and lose all that work.

I respect LostBoys opinion but I think the dying is the thing that set's it apart from all the other OT's it reminds of the gladiator day's where all they relied on was skill and determination to prevail in the Arena.

When it's your time in the arena you should be focused on the task at head so there should be no accident.

Just glory! :)

I respect LostBoys opinion but I think the dying is the thing that set's it apart from all the other OT's it reminds of the gladiator day's where all they relied on was skill and determination to prevail in the Arena.

When it's your time in the arena you should be focused on the task at head so there should be no accident.

Just glory! :)

Exactly. I couldn't have said it any better myself :)

Exactly. I couldn't have said it any better myself :)

@Topic:

Agreed. It would bring more realism completely, if you had to be on your toes while playing. It will keep many players from getting that "Who cares if I die, it's an OT" feeling.

Off-Topic:
I can't believe this.. Today?

Last edited:
Back