• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient What files are needed to share ot client?

Polperia

Reaction score
Im trying to share ot client to let people connect to my server, but my otclient folder has too much documents related with it.

Im newbie, i dont know what i must share or not....

Let me know what i must share :D

Solution
1. Yes others can modify the client to their like, and that's not really a bad thing. If you want to hide files, encrypt your files and decrypt it when loading it to the client.

2. There is no unbreakable encryption, but it all depends on the encryption itself and how you implement it to make it extremely difficult for others to decrypt your files!
Assuming you put your assets (dat/spr) of Tibia in data/things (not things directly)
The following files/directories are needed:

1. modules (directory - required)
2. data (directory - required)
3. mods (directory - optional if you have modules inside of it)
4. otclient.exe (file, executable - required)
5. dlls (depending on how you built the client, some dlls might be required such as zlib/opengl/...)

Sincerely,
Slavi

Thanks for your time dear friend.

I would like to ask something more...

Those files content information about the client, and other people can modify them according to their likes.

Is there any way to make them hidden or unable to edit?

As far I know, encryption methods doesn't work 100% like XOR method... 🤔

I know that OTC is a public project and modificable, but I want 0 changes from others if they uses it...(just reply if its possible, i dont want a solution for now, just learning 😍)

1. Yes others can modify the client to their like, and that's not really a bad thing. If you want to hide files, encrypt your files and decrypt it when loading it to the client.

2. There is no unbreakable encryption, but it all depends on the encryption itself and how you implement it to make it extremely difficult for others to decrypt your files!

Solution
Back