• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

what proccesor is better to host a OTs AMD Opteron 2344HE or Core2 Duo 3.0GHz (1333M

Necrox Guy

Necroxia Online Support
Reaction score
I need to decide what of those pc's are better. Here is the description:

1) Core2 Duo 3.0GHz (1333MHz FSB) with 4 GB of RAM
2) AMD Opteron 2344HE Quad Core with 4 GB of RAM (DDR2-667 ECC Registered)

so... what of those would be better to host an ots, also I'd tell you if you explain why and if the difference between those two is big or if it isn't

Thanks~

I need to decide what of those pc's are better. Here is the description:

1) Core2 Duo 3.0GHz (1333MHz FSB) with 4 GB of RAM
2) AMD Opteron 2344HE Quad Core with 4 GB of RAM (DDR2-667 ECC Registered)

so... what of those would be better to host an ots, also I'd tell you if you explain why and if the difference between those two is big or if it isn't

Thanks~

1st one is way better with its 2 1.5 GHz, a core duo is 2 cpu's stacked, look at the front side bus (1.3 GHz) it process's information a hell of alot faster then the 2nd one.

However the second one has better ram DDR2 is the best you can get especially with its 667 mnemonics. Check to see if your using DDR2 on the core duo, more then likely you are.

Edit:

Check your swap/pagefile.sys and make sure it is maxed out, a little extra virtual memory never hurt anyone :)

It also depends on what OS your using, XP Pro the max is 4096 MB, and Vista im not really sure, don't work with vista much.

Last edited:
It also depends on what OS your using, XP Pro the max is 4096 MB, and Vista im not really sure, don't work with vista much.

none of both u said
Code:
Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_jk/1.2.25 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at necroxia.servegame.org Port 80

@Thread use debian is better and remove some of those mods u have on your apache bekos i guess u are not using all those mods and actually it can result on a security leak ;)....

Also you could try to filter some of the important ports, restrict them by ip or something because right now you got them open for everyone, and yes i know they got password but still you can restrict them by ip adress which is way better, double security ftw....
2mpfpzn.jpg

@The proccesors you posted above:

I host on a quadcore and it's all ok.
i guess on tibia it depends more about the ram and not much about the procesator (Correct me if im wrong)...

I would go for the second...

how good is TFS programmed to use more-than-1 processor anyhow?

(like lots of older programs can't take advantage of more than 1 processor, and almost no programs take full advantage of quad-cores..)

Back