• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What would you rather to play? ( HIGHEXP Fans )

Marko999x

999x era
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otland and Fans of Highexp ots
As the tittle says what would you rather to play?
An server where peoples moving around with level 350.000
or where peoples moving around with level 10.000 ?
I want to open an highexp server and I cant decide which way I should choose
Thats why im asking you guys..

350k or 10k?

Client will be 10.98
But we will use 8.60 spell sprites aswell for 8.60 Fans
Client will be otclientv8

Tsss. Unpopular opinion but here we go: I've always cringed at games that go crazy with high numbers in damage, levels, etc... it's like having freaking Zimbabwe dollars: sure, you're a 'millionaire' who can't buy a car. (for reference: 1M ZWD = 2760~ USD)

Personally, I'd stick to low level cap (like 100) and just make it exponentially harder to get (and make it weight differently on game mechanics), but that may be too conservative for others.

Instead of just setting the theoretical/hard max level as an 'objective' that is super high:
As a player: If you get to the max level, congratz, you beat the game. Maybe dedicate to help others enjoy it, or now do all the quests, secrets, blah, raise another vocation to the max.
As an owner: Work on introducing better/more challenging mechanics like smarter monsters, complex systems, secrets and quests or stuff like that.

People are going to pay, grind or cheat their way into that absolute max level you though no-one was ever going to reach.

w*f is the difference between those numbers. For real, i want to know.

I have the choice between Low levels, Middle Levels and High Levels
If you ask me, Its kinda boring to kill around 1000 Monsters just to gain 1 level means my motivation is fast gone to keep exping
But in a highexp server you always level up you still have motivation to exp to be stronger and what ever
In low exp servers it feels like you need years to be strong ( if you ask me )
I like big numbers

If you ask me, Its kinda boring to kill around 1000 Monsters just to gain 1 level means my motivation is fast gone to keep exping
But in a highexp server you always level up you still have motivation to exp to be stronger and what ever
I like big numbers
poor illusion of "leveling up" as you not gain anything that is valuable to you. what will give you 100lvls? literally nothing, except the number by your "Level". I am also up for lower rates, rather than sky high.

If you level would be hidden and advances as well on this kind of exp rates you would not even know that you leveled up when you do so. lol. it's unnoticeable.

poor illusion of "leveling up" as you not gain anything that is valuable to you. what will give you 100lvls? literally nothing, except the number by your "Level". I am also up for lower rates, rather than sky high.

If you level would be hidden and advances as well on this kind of exp rates you would not even know that you leveled up when you do so. lol. it's unnoticeable.

I mean, technically in traditional Tibia more levels increase some of your stats like HP/MP/Cap, but I agree. That is mainly why I said that the game mechanics could be modified to make a small change in level have a bigger impact in mechanics/stats/whatever.

I mean, technically in traditional Tibia more levels increase some of your stats like HP/MP/Cap, but I agree. That is mainly why I said that the game mechanics could be modified to make a small change in level have a bigger impact in mechanics/stats/whatever.
To me if someone said "hey, there is a new evo server. there is tons of new stuff, blahblah, let's play there" I would more than 100% said no to him.
There is nothing special about evos. Everything seem to me the same no matter what level I got. If its 100 or 700000 - Still same feeling of hunting, pk, and quests. Of course this is only my opinion and no one have to agree with me.
I can't think of me playing evo ever. Maybe this project would be so unique that will attract others and myself. Good luck anyways :D

Guess ill jump in on this.

I prefer mid ranged exp, if someone is above 10k ye f*uck that, if it's been more than a week and no one is even close to 300 .. well f*ck that xD
All I want is a decent lvl where I can enjoy the game, if I wanna PvP there are a billion mid exp exp rlmaps with the maps I know and a "perfect" balance.

And if you ask me I prefer evo's / custom OT's over ex an rl map, like why play an OT that will either reset or clsoe down in X weeks compared to playing RL tibia.
Not only do you get to play something unique but you have a more fun time if you ask me.

Even if you have 30x in exp and never change, it will be fast as hell imo. You can change all numbers how ever you want. Just make it work.

You can make it so that your experience work like this EXP * (1 + (Level/100), with each level you get you gain 1% more exp. It will get faster and faster for each level. At level 50 it will be 150%

Neither. :p

I'd want a 1x EXP, PVP-E with Permadeath, 7.4 server.

But I don't see this happening anytime soon.

I used to read a lot of messages of tibia communities back in 2010 (hey, thats why I have this account for almost 10 years but my first message was last week) AND I've come to the conclusion that the general people that visit forums do prefer lower rates and feel the game experience (not the exp numbers), but the people that flock global maps 8.6 fast exp bullshit just want to get lvl fast and go to war recklessly.

What that means is that you're asking opinions of a niche public to apply to your server trying to catter the other niche, which I feel wouldnt work.
Just release a server for each lol.

I like big numbers
Might be slower but getting 100->101 gives more satisfaction than going 10000->10001

Might be slower but getting 100->101 gives more satisfaction than going 10000->10001
100->101 is not the same as 10000->10001 so ofcourse it's not the same satisfaction, you're comparing a 10% increase to a 0.1% increase...
the correct comparison would be 10000->11000

@Levi999x i know it's late and you probably already have this figured out but since no one actually gave any real input here's mine lol... in my opinion the levels do not matter and all this shit is in peoples heads and makes no sense to not like a certain level. The only thing that matters is that content exists for all levels and there's a sense of progression so the player isn't stuck hunting the same things for too long. People like seeing numbers go up so there's a good argument for increasing the frequency of those numbers. In my experience playing lvl 10,000ots and lvl 100,000ots with rebirths is that they feel exactly the same. It's not as much of a difference as it is going from lvl 100ots to lvl 10,000ots so i wouldn't worry about it so long as your content fits.

100->101 is not the same as 10000->10001 so ofcourse it's not the same satisfaction, you're comparing a 10% increase to a 0.1% increase...
the correct comparison would be 10000->11000

I think that's the point: the effort spent is what gives the satisfaction, not the levels gained.

Back